Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2000, 09:35 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Probably a lot of you are arriving back home like me and checking this Board! I thought I was going to have to spend this past weekend with my relatives without any Baldurs fix, but lo and behold, my husband took his laptop with us, and when I turned it on this weekend, I found BGII!! Apparently he loaded it on there and had the #2 disc already in it, so I was able to play! Of course, I had to start from the beginning (didn't like ol' hubby's main character, a fighter with 9 strength??!! In his defense, he said it was because I told him there was a Mace +2 out there with an 18 strenth bonus; but as I told him, +2 weapons are only good for the first half of the game, and he hadn't gotten past the first Chapter anyway). So there I was, playing BGII in the mountains (middle of nowhere, trust me). Of course, I had to sit on the floor and put the laptop on the couch, but all in all, I have to say laptops are great! Anyone agree?
Old 12-27-2000, 09:50 AM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Welcome back ladyzekke,
I am glad that your hubby provided the means for you to enjoy BG2 out in the middle of nowhere Hope you had a fantastic holiday.
Old 12-27-2000, 10:02 AM   #3
Magness
Quintesson

I have BG2 loaded on both my desktop and laptop PC. Normally I only play it on the desktop, but since I was going away for Xmas, I transferred my current save game to the laptop. It was great being able to continue my current game!!! The only really annoying thing was that Firkraag killed my character just before I needed to leave to drive 1.5 hrs home. Damn that red dragon!!! (I whupped his ass bigtime when I got home! )