Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2001, 12:06 AM   #1
GrimReaper

I did not know that Rumphy regenerates. I have not run into him again. Usually I hit every area 2-3 times or more in my travels, but since that area is a dead end, I must have skipped it.

I will definitely have to pay Rumphy another visit. The XP's & gold never hurt. Actually, I had forgotten where I got the wand in the first place.

Tanx.
Old 01-16-2001, 08:03 AM   #2
GrimReaper

Thanks to everyone who helps with my questions and to all who contribute to this board. I tend not to post simple "Tanx" messages after someone answers my question.

Also, can I sell Shinwiki's Spear & the Wand of Stars (from the crypt)?

With only one character, I find that I can't carry very much and I am always looking for money. Do you need either of these items later on?

Tanx in advance.
Old 01-16-2001, 08:56 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, you can sell them.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 11:17 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear GrimReaper,

One of the good things about Rumphy is that he regenerates, and always drops a Wand of Stars. So if you're in need of $$ early on, keep reloading the crypt and go back and fight him, or pickpocket him to get the wands. You can sell a lot of them and have money for training or equipment.

-Saz
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 02:35 PM   #5
carg
The Magister

Carrying capacity keeps being quite a problem, unless you just use a gold cheat and need not carry items around to sell. I created an extra character, leaving it in the inn, just to store equipment I want to save for later on, e.g. for another role.
Not cheating you'll never have enough gold to do everything you might want, but around Ishad N'Ha it does get easier. Especially with spawn rate frequent, you'll get enough ratling encounters who leave valuable things, so if you really need money, just walk around a bit; a full inventory will often yield around 10.000 gold. (That is if you leave rusted swords etc. behind.) Make sure you use spirit eye not to miss those valuable amulets.
Extra tips for gaining more money: identify everything first (so get that artifacts skill up to around 6), repair all weapons and armor (so get forge up to level 6 too), and try to get merchant skill at the rogues guild as soon as you can. (You need guild level 3, and merchant improves with higher presence.)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 05:06 PM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Grimreaper,

I believe Rhumpy will only regenerate every time you eneter the crypt - go back to the entrance lever, thro it to go out, then come back in. It was explained to me that it is a DWB or Wizardry thing to have a character called Murphy that regenerates that you can kill several times to gain some early momentum on the experience and wealth sides. So Rhumpy is just a leter re-arrangement (presumably because of copyright) of Murphy.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote