Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2002, 03:36 PM   #11
Lord Shield

I liked Ps:T . Currently have NWN and Morrowind and I do like Morrowind but don't think it's my utter favourite

So I'll stick to Ps:T for my fave for now

Old 07-25-2002, 04:05 PM   #12
andrewas
Harper

I reckon PS:T is the best out of the list. As for the worstm well im the second to click NWN for that, cos it *dosent run on my system* despite me (just)meeting the specs.

Hey, there are three votes for NWN! what gives?
Old 07-25-2002, 04:38 PM   #13
lroyo

I think PST and BG2 are the best! Then again, I haven't played NWN or MW yet! I know I'm gonna love Morrowind!

As for worst, I haven't played a lot of the games you have listed. I'm assuming Pool of Radiance 2 is the worst. I put Diablo series, only becuse really, it's not an RPG, its a total hack and slash. Therefore, it's a pretty bad RPG.

Old 07-25-2002, 05:18 PM   #14
uss
20th Level Warrior

The Diablo series are great! I love them all(Though Sierra`s expansion for Diablo, Hellfire was not that good)! I just love to make a mega powerful Druid, Necromancer or whatever, and click on those mega powerful deamons .
Hey, why did people vote for only Diablos, in means of Roleplay? Why not Dungeon Siege? Diablo 2 had a MUCH more interesting story than Dungeon Siege(And yes, D2 DID have a story in it).
Old 07-25-2002, 05:20 PM   #15
Lord Shield

story be damned. who cares about that? remember that most people got those games for hacking and slashing. Dungeon Siege was a simpler game with better graphics et al than Diablo

Old 07-25-2002, 06:00 PM   #16
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
story be damned. who cares about that? remember that most people got those games for hacking and slashing. Dungeon Siege was a simpler game with better graphics et al than Diablo
To me, the story of the game is one of the most important aspects. Planescape: Torment had the best story a game could have and Diablo 2 + Expansion has a simple but interesting story.
So HA [img]tongue.gif[/img] !
Old 07-25-2002, 06:18 PM   #17
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Well I voted BGII the best of those I've played, I haven't played enough of NWN to make comparisons just yet. Wizardry 8 was fun, and I liked the different rules and style of play from the other rpgs I've played. But for replay value BGII is the best. I know lots of people have played many many games of Wizardry 8, but one game was enough fun for me [img]smile.gif[/img] . I also liked IWD, and am really looking forward to IWD2 [img]tongue.gif[/img]

For worst I voted Dark Age of Camelot. I haven't actually played it, but when we ordered NWN, it arrived and it was all exciting, but what was in the box but Dark Age of Camelot! Was really annoying. So it's in my bad books
Old 07-26-2002, 02:11 AM   #18
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Best: Planescape: Torment (actually I would have voted for Fallout, if only it was in the list)

Worst: Pool of Radiance II (Never played it but from what I heard, it was bad, real bad...)
Old 07-26-2002, 03:12 AM   #19
Davros
Takhisis Follower

My best was Wiz8 cos I like things in 1st person perspective, turn based, with a party. I am enjoying both NWN and Morrowind at the moment. I am only half way through DS, and will probably finish it after I get done with the other 2 - nice graphics but toooo linear. PST would have been my 2nd pick - great storyline. Wizards and Warriors consumed many an enjoyable hour, it bought me to IW, and resulted in many friendships. Ultima Underworld 1 & 2, and EOB 1 & 2 were how I cut my teeth on RPG's - they got me hooked.

For my worst, I picked the only game that I have never managed to finish because it was sooooo dull - though I may incurr the slings and arrows of the outraged punters, this was BG1.
Old 07-26-2002, 04:31 AM   #20
Vampire

Hey people, are there any games that offer the Role playing capabilities of Planescape Torment and BG Saga?