Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2003, 08:52 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

He really looks emotional tonight, like he's holding back tears at times. I bet he doesn't want for it to come down to war, but he feels there is no other choice, he doesn't want to wait for us to get hit with a nuke before acting. That is my impression from what I've seen. He's now leaving it up to Saddam, heh, that won't go very far, Saddam just delays any responses/actions that come his way. So I guess basically looks like it is war time in a week?

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 09:03 PM   #2
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
He really looks emotional tonight, like he's holding back tears at times. I bet he doesn't want for it to come down to war, but he feels there is no other choice, he doesn't want to wait for us to get hit with a nuke before acting. That is my impression from what I've seen. He's now leaving it up to Saddam, heh, that won't go very far, Saddam just delays any responses/actions that come his way. So I guess basically looks like it is war time in a week?
Crocodile tears, perhaps.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:24 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Wendy, I thought he said everything that needed to be said... again. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2003, 11:54 PM   #4
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
I don't think so. I think this decision is weighting heavy on him. I think in his mind, this is his only option, unless he wants to wake up to another 9/11 one day. There may not be a direct connection between Saddam on Osama, but no one here can deny that there is a direct connection between Saddam and other terrorists. People who would wish harm to the US and other western governments for that matter. I also don't think anyone, deep down in their heart and their brain can deny that Iraq has WoMD. And some of those terrorists that Saddam has dealings with most likely have other dealings with Osama.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:26 AM   #5
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Usally I find Mr.Bush a very sincere man, but for whatever reason, he didnt seem sincere as he usally does. Maybe you lose sincerety once you have laid out the facts time and time again and the oposition blantly ignores you.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 04:04 PM   #6
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
I don't think so. I think this decision is weighting heavy on him. I think in his mind, this is his only option, unless he wants to wake up to another 9/11 one day. There may not be a direct connection between Saddam on Osama, but no one here can deny that there is a direct connection between Saddam and other terrorists. People who would wish harm to the US and other western governments for that matter. I also don't think anyone, deep down in their heart and their brain can deny that Iraq has WoMD. And some of those terrorists that Saddam has dealings with most likely have other dealings with Osama.[/QUOTE]You have to wonder why those terrorist groups wish harm on the US and other western governments and get to the underlying reason: Why are these attacks happening in the first place?
Canada hasn't had any problems with terrorism, yet we are neighbors with the US, enjoy the same lifestyle, and with the exception of better beer, are generally one in the same. So why is Canada not targeted?
Perhaps the terrorists are trying to tell the US something, the only way they know how: Get off of our soil, leave our country and let us be.
I don't know, and nobody on this forum does, either. The only people that know for sure are the terrorists themselves, but it makes more sense to cure the cause, rather than treat the symptoms.