Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2004, 10:23 AM   #1
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

BERLIN : Syria tested chemical weapons on civilians in Sudan's troubled western Darfur region in June and killed dozens of people.

The German daily Die Welt newspaper, in an advance release of its Wednesday edition, citing unnamed western security sources, said that injuries apparently caused by chemical arms were found on the bodies of the victims.

It said that witnesses quoted by an Arabic news website called ILAF in an article on August 2 had said that several frozen bodies arrived suddenly at the "Al-Fashr Hospital" in the Sudanese capital Khartoum in June.

Die Welt said the sources had indicated that the weapons tests were undertaken following a military exercise between Syria and Sudan.

Syrian officers were reported to have met in May with Sudanese military leaders in a Khartoum suburb to discuss the possibility of improving cooperation between their armies.

According to Die Welt, the Syrians had suggested close cooperation on developing chemical weapons, and it was proposed that the arms be tested on the rebel SPLA, the Sudan People's Liberation Army, in the south.

But given that the rebels were involved in peace talks, the newspaper continued, the Sudanese government proposed testing the arms on people in Darfur.

Details of what were in the weapons were not disclosed.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:27 AM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

you've gotta love the way the Sudanese Gov't is "handling" the humanitarian crisis with the militia's in Darfur, having Syria gas the victims.
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 12:06 PM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
When do we invade?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 12:25 PM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Well considering that there are alot of theories floating around that Sodamned Insane sent his chem weapons to Syria... makes you think a bit.

As for invasion, I think two ant nests are quite enough to kick over, let the UN take an active role for once, watch I'll hold my breath, no really. [/sarcasm]

{edit just not a good day for my spelling}

[ 09-15-2004, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 09-19-2004, 08:30 AM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
Well considering that there are alot of theories floating around that Sodamned Insane sent his chem weapons to Syria... makes you think a bit.

As for invasion, I think two ant nests are quite enough to kick over, let the UN take an active role for once, watch I'll hold my breath, no really. [/sarcasm]

{edit just not a good day for my spelling}
That’s one of the troubles of the media fixating on Iraq. Disgusting acts like this and the genocide in the Sudan are getting missed. I'm with you on the UN [/sarcasm] comment at least regarding this issue. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] thanks Morgeraut on at least trying to get the butchery in Sudan discussed and for pointing out Syria's potential involvement in a disaster that could be as big as that in Rwanda.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote