Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 11:38 PM   #1
Kargon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ive got a big decision here.i currently have 4 members in my group consisting of Me a Half org beserker Minsc areii and Jerihah or whatever her name is.I cant Decide Between getting Korgon or anomen.who is better to have around.Is it worth it to get Anomens Knighthood thing and is there a way to stop Korgon from killing my party members???
Old 03-08-2001, 11:46 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

This is just my 2 cents (SPOILERS contained):
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
In terms of fighter, Korgan is waaaaay better than Anomen. Since you already have Aerie to attend to your cleric needs, therefore it is safe to say that your party will not benefit too much from Anomen. However, Korgan and Aerie will eventually get into a fight, the end result is that you have to make a decision on who to keep. You might want to reconsider taking Korgan if your party is good aligned. Or if you decide to take Korgan, if Aerie leaves, then take Viconia into your party.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 11:49 PM   #3
Kargon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx ill just use Korgon until the time comes then kick him out since Arriie is awsome because i make her learn all these awsome spells.
Old 03-08-2001, 11:54 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Be careful when giving spells to Aerie, unless you have the exp cap removed, due to being a multi-class character....her leveling is somewhat restricted. Which means she will not be able to cast high level spells unless the exp cap is removed.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 11:57 PM   #5
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

I heard if you make Korgan or Arie the leader of the party you won't have that problem. I read that on a post awhile ago save it was with Minsc and that Red Wizard Guy Edwin.

Edwin has cool lines:
*Lol* I rember on the briger district that little boy going:

Boy:hey mister I love those flashy robes you got on! When I grow up I want to be just like you!

Edwin: well it seem this boy might have some potential after all. I am proud (what this, this thing is huging my leg! get it off... get it off!)

Or edwin's exchange with the prositute in the Sea's bounty
Old 03-08-2001, 11:59 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

LOL

POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT:
>
>
>
>
>
My favorite Edwin line (or Edwina) is still the dialogue him/her and the elf in Copper Coronet.....the end result is that I have to clear out half of C.C., but it was worth it.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-09-2001, 04:31 AM   #7
dafan

If you considering taking Korgan away laer I would suggest that you choose another right away instead of waiting cause the replacement will loose lots of neceserally expreience when his not in the team...

How do I put anyone in to leade`????
Old 03-09-2001, 06:10 AM   #8
Dimension X
Dungeon Master

This might sounds weird, but I'll choose Anomen.

If he gets knighted, he's really better then. Anyway, another Cleric won't really hurt.

Give him the Crom Faeyr and he'll be good (Viconia rocks with this too)

The reason why I don't recommend Korgan is because you seem to have a goody party.

Jaheira may be "Neutral", but she seems to prefer good parties to evil ones. Also, Anomen is a pretty powerful cleric (Max level is like 15?). And he can fire up that Turn Undead for vampire busting.

------------------
A Drawn Sword;
A Trickle Of Blood;
The Tempest Is Brewing.
Nemesis....
Old 03-09-2001, 08:38 AM   #9
Lord Shield

Go by alignment. Minsc is Good, so he'd have problems with Korgan. On the other hand, annoying an attitude he might have, Anomen is a good boost as a dual-class fighter->Cleric

Old 03-09-2001, 11:27 AM   #10
Kargon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay now ive made up my mind Ill go with Anomen instead since i got this Awsome sword for my character.So i dont need another fighter.Ill go with ANOMEN.And did anybody notice that iff you dont like the npc but you like is equipment you can make him join then take his stuff and kick him out