Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2002, 04:15 PM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Question Mark

Saw this one recently and thought that some of you might like to take the quiz:

http://www.yayajon.com/watercircle/beastquiz.html

I came up as a UNICORN! http://www.yayajon.com/watercircle/unicorn.html

Enjoy!

Wyv

P.S. for some added fun, visit: http://www.rathergood.com/vikings/

[ 12-18-2002, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Wyvern ]
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 04:43 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Unicorn here as well, first time. The first question seems to have the greatest impact on the result.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 05:32 PM   #3
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

It's unannimous....Unicorn here too.(the first time through)

However, I don't agree... that the first question has a lot of impact. I always answered it the same...twice...I came out a Phoenix....and the third time...a dragon.

...note to Wyv....I see you've even got Red, busy making orniments...I'll take a box of these...
Old 12-18-2002, 05:37 PM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

LOL packrat. Mmm, let´s see if I can get something else than unicorn. Haha! I´m a phoenix. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Quote:
Also known widely as the Fire Bird, the phoenix is a profound symbol of the circle of life. It has a life cycle of 500 to 600 ears and after that amount of time, it sets itself on fire and dies in the flames. Then after three days, it rises again from the ashes. It is a completely benign creature who lives in dew. It is said that the phoenix has a beautiful melidous song which grows ever more mournful as its life comes to an end. It is a symbol of the sun and immortality. The phoenix is a very worthwhile beast
The other link had my rollong on the floor laughing though! Too adorable. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-18-2002, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 12-18-2002, 05:45 PM   #5
Olli Kalma

Hih! I'm Dragon! And I love Dragons! What a coincide!

You are the Dragon. In medieval Europe, dragons were considered mostly evil and a generally bad omin. Christianity linked the dragon with Satan because of the dragon's snake-like apperance. However, to the Orient cultures the dragon was a symbol of widom and roalty. It was a benign animal and the fifth creature of the Chinese zodiac. It resided over the east and the sunsrise. It was also said to bring rain and the springtime. The dragon is interesting because it combines all four elements: air, earth, fire, and water. It could fly, had the horns of a ox, breathed fire, and resided over the moon.

That's because I like forest and treasures...
Don't know how my will to aid and heal people fits in picture,
mayby I'm good dragon!
Old 12-19-2002, 05:50 AM   #6
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Hmm, A Unicorn here as well.

Here is an interesting site from an RPG point of view.

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~whuang/align.html

[ 12-19-2002, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: Desdicado ]
Old 12-19-2002, 06:20 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

I am an unicorn, too. Doesn't the quiz work the following way

IF( I cannot decide simply who you are ) THEN you are an unicorn
ELSE you are what you wanted to be

[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ? I avoided answers that should lead to the unicorn.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:36 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Question Mark

LOL!!

Well, I was beginning to think that this quiz was rather odd that so many of us seem to come up as the unicorn until I thought about it a bit.

Quote:
You are the most universal mythical beast ever. Sightings of the unicorn have been reported from all over the world, even in these modern times. Unicorns are pure and incurruptible. In China, unicorns symbolised gentleness, good will, and wisdom. Christianity links the unicorn with Christ. It is said that unicorns would only allow virgin girls to see them, let alone touch them. They were easily lured into fatal ambushes by a virgin with some potchers waiting for the unicorn in nearby bushes. A unicorn's horn was a highly prised possesion, which was reputed to have great healing capabilities. With the touch of its horn, a unicorn could bring back a person who had been dead for several hours. But when disattached from the unicorn's body, the magic was suggnificantly reduced and could only protect against poison. The unicorn had the body of a horse, a unique spirling horn, and a lion's tail. They were pure white in color. Congradulations, you are a rarity amoung mythical beasts.
There aren't enough of people like you in the world
End Quote

That last line of the description seems to make perfect sense of our results! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wyv
Old 12-19-2002, 09:42 AM   #9
All High Monkey0
Elite Waterdeep Guard

AAAAllriiiiiight! I'm a basilisk! i feel special.

Definitely one of the lesser known of mythical bests, you are described as having the head and legs of a cock, the body of a serpent, and the wings of a bat (although there are wingless varieties). You were the blame of hundreds of thousands of deaths in the middle ages. Your breath and even gaze was deadly. Hundreds of basilisk hunts were organized to get rid of you. The hunters would carry mirrors so that, if they encountered you, they would have you look in the mirror and destroy yourself! Weasels were also reputed to be able to kill you, as they could resist your deadly gaze. You were a potent symbol of death and in some cultures the embodiment of Death himself. In Christianity, the Basilisk was linked with Satan.
i always thought that was more of a cockatrice... but less serpanty, and i thought a bassilisk was less roostery more crocodiley, like in baldurs gate.
i think that is an easily cheatable test, i could be whatever i wanted!
Old 12-19-2002, 09:46 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Question Mark

Thought, while I was at it, that I'd share pictures of another one of my Christmas projects. This one goes to my friend Scorpia (some of you may remember that she used to write for Computer Gaming World). Every year I send her some sort of dragon which I have done.

This one is a stock wooden shield that I purchased at the Renaissance Festival done up with paint and fabric paint (amazing what you can do with that stuff).

I thought it came out nicely. I think Jack wants me to do one for him now!

I'll stop loading graphic intensive messages now!

Wyv