Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2002, 10:58 AM   #1
Misanthrop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello,

some strange things happened to me at the entrance of the Stout Mines.
I finished that dungeon already, but i must go there a second time, cause i forgot the quest to invite the Stouts into an alliance with Ishad Nha.

Now the problem is when i give my Mines Permit the Watchman, the game is loading i am in the mines for 2 - 4 seconds and already throw out, and it loads again and i am outside of them. This happens everytime.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advice!
Misanthrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 03:12 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Misanthrop!!!

Sounds like you may have the duplicate writ bug. Check your inventory and make certain that you only have ONE writ in your whole group - remember also that the writ when handed back isn't "identified" so will just look like a funky scroll - check all the scrolls of that description. If you do have two, discard one of them well outside of the mines. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Also check the TECHIE thread and see if there is perhaps an answer to your problem in there.

If this doesn't help solve your problem, it would be helpful if you tell us what sort of computer you have, what OS you are running etc. etc. Most of the bugs in the game have work arounds but what they are depends a lot on what you have!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 04:48 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Also, remember that the room where you give him the writ acts like an elevator. If you give him the writ and then run to the door that's going to open, you can get past the door before he tries to send the elevator up again. That has worked for me in the past (and I routinely carry multiple writs, 'cause I'm too lazy to search through them all).

Details on this are toward the end of the Best Tips thread, I think.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 04:49 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

And above all, I missed the opportunity to welcome you to the boards, Misanthrop. May your steel stay sharp and your arrows fly true throughout the Gael Serran.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 05:28 PM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Also check the TECHIE thread and see if there is perhaps an answer to your problem in there.
No this one isnīt in there. I know this for sure. Time to add a new category perhaps. How about naming it bugs? Iīll start a new thread and ask that all visitors add the bugs they know off. And solutions to them as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Forgot to add; Welcome to the boards misanthrope. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] I do hope you will enjoy your stay. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-18-2002, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 12-18-2002, 06:11 PM   #6
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome to The Board, Misanthrop!!!!!

I hope, you and the Stout
... have...straightened things out.

If you're still having trouble
...................Just give us a shout!
Old 12-19-2002, 06:27 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

It's completely normal. It's a bug in the game.
- Throw away all your permits except one. Most probably, you already have bags of permits in your inventory.
- Give the permit to that jester and run to the gate leading to the mines.
- Run through the gate when it opens.
If the problem persists then make sure that you have only one permit in your inventory, save the game, and quit the game. Start the game anew and try again. You should be successful in the end.
Old 12-19-2002, 07:40 AM   #8
Misanthrop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh guys,

thanks to all of you. I will try it.

Hail you!
Old 12-19-2002, 08:30 AM   #9
Misanthrop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok i tried it like you have told me. But it didnīt solve the problem.

When i put the writ in the drawer, i get two writs back. And i canīt run into the mines, because the door isnīt opening.

I have a 466 MHz Celeron Computer. I need help... i must go back into the mines, but that shitty bug happened again and agian.

Thanks in advice!
Old 12-19-2002, 08:48 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Misanthrop!

Well, sorry that fix didn't do the trick for you.

We'd like to know what OS you are using on your computer. Additional information about your vid card etc. may or may not be useful, but knowing which OS you use certainly will be.

Do you have a saved game from when you were inside the mines that you can reload? That would be one possible solution - to replay that area from a time when you were able to get into the mines without difficulty.

Another choice would be for you to email a copy of your saved game to me and see if I can get by the bug. Sometimes that works but first let's see if we can solve it in another way. If we do have to go this route, I'll need you to not only zip up the saved game file but also split it into smaller files (about 5 total) using WinSplit as I cannot handle large files in my email.

The last option is to just forget this quest. I'd prefer to see if we can't solve the problem for you, though, instead of just dropping it. There is still another quest to be had from the Armory in Ishad N'ha which is a very nice quest and I don't want you to miss out on that, if possible.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote