Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2003, 06:19 AM   #11
Jorath Calar
Harper

Not sure, Iceland is pretty good weatherwise, thanks to global warming, it's November and today is 9°c and the sun is shining... if you don't mind only 5 hours of daylight in december Iceland is pretty good... [img]smile.gif[/img]

But I think the best place to be is were your loved ones are... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2003, 06:47 AM   #12
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I like it best here in Norway nice cool winters and hot sommer fit me wery well short drive to the sea and where i live we have big woods and alot of lakes to fish in so i cant think to live any other place and of course i have my gf here she are from this place too. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2003, 06:49 AM   #13
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

PUH! Holland is the best: we got rain, cold wind, clouds, sometimes snow but you can also feel like your inside an oven from time to time! Oh wait, that wasn't what you wanted... hmmmmmm......
The Carribean Islands perhaps?
Old 11-15-2003, 07:58 AM   #14
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
East End.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:58 AM   #15
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
When I took a trip to Texas, the weather seemed perfect there. It wasn't too hot, and there wasn't really too much rain to interfere with anything. But then again...I went there in the winter.
I live in Texas, and I can tell you the summers get very hot, especially the further south you go. The terrain is also the most varied I have seen in any state. The northern part is the tip of the Midwest plains, the eastern part is swampy (tip of the Louisiana bayou), the central part is hilly, the west is desert, the southern parts are essentially northern Mexico in climate, and there is a pretty large stretch of coastline (and can always take a swing across the border to Mexico to visit if you choose). There's also a ton of room once you get outside the cities (I live in San Antonio right near Interstate 10, on the northwest part of the city. If I drive about 15 minutes on I10 westbound, I see nothing but hills, trees, grass, and cacti). A very vast state, with lots of places to go and see. We get the occasional tornado (northern parts) or hurricane (coastal areas), but I think any area of the world you go to is going to have its "weather problems". Depends on how you define "weather problem". I actually wish it would rain more where I'm at (we never seem to get much rain, and almost invariably during the summer water restrictions get discussed). The coastal areas have warm water temperatures, and relatively clean (see the next paragraph).

I grew up in New Jersey, and that was okay, but I would never move back. Much of New Jersey was once drained swampland; every summer we would have weekly spraying to kill all of the mosquitoes. It was always humid and sticky, making it seem hotter during the summers and colder during the winters. I used to go to the coast, and you never dared go in the water (cold water temperatures, all brown instead of blue, and garbage from the New York trash barges and factories from the north would float down the coast). The only thing I miss are the occasional White Christmas (good until you have to shovel it to get out of the driveway) and the proximity to New York City and other major cultural sites (lots of historical sites, museums, etc., since it was one of the original 13 states. I was also about 1-2 hours, depending on traffic, from Manhattan).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 11-15-2003, 07:59 AM   #16
Sythe
Ra

I woulds like to live in Germany.