Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2001, 05:29 PM   #1
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

its time to say goodbye to the sigs we are leaving behind
bye guy's we'll miss you

------------------

Get The IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 06-22-2001, 05:33 PM   #2
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Doesn't it suck having to change your sig?

Everyone go get broadband so this isn't a problem!!!

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 06-22-2001, 05:34 PM   #3
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

*cue music* AND now....the end is near...and we face...the final curtain....

Goodbye sigs. We will miss you all.

At this time, a SPECIAL thanks to Sazerac the Wise, for his work on my name, SlackerBoy for his work on Pamila and Pfil, and Lady NightShade for Perin's portrait.

Thank you all.

------------------

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 06-22-2001).]
Old 06-22-2001, 05:39 PM   #4
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

I do not have this problem...NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

------------------
I am YOUR omega.
Strider's Chambers - My website about roleplaying. Under HEAVY development.
The Shadow Network - My fairly well developed roleplaying community. Roleplaying open to everyone.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.
Old 06-22-2001, 06:24 PM   #5
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

But I don't get it? How long does a damn 14 kbs take to load up on a 56K modem? That's just absurd! (referring to Reeka's sig)

Then again *I* use a 56k and ALL of the sigs load up just fine on my brower - it's fast too and I think that if you resize it any more it'll become cursed with pixellation. (that's bad)

So, I was wondering (not to break any rules) but to think whether we are being sensible by resizing already quick-loading images?

Ladyzekke and slackerboy's both load up in less than 10 seconds on 56k (from many experiences) so will changing them make any difference in the loading speed?

A couple of seconds? A COUPLE OF SECONDS FASTER?! Man.....all that work so that a 56k ranter can get his images to load 2% faster.

Reality Check everybody.
But if rules means rules then you'll see no more fancy Arch Lich too.

And I thought Ertai said a while ago that it wasn't the image number, or image size that mattered = it was just the 150kbs thing?

This is confusing.
Can I have some feedback on this? Merci Beaucoup!

------------------
Old 06-22-2001, 07:05 PM   #6
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
*cue music* AND now....the end is near...and we face...the final curtain....

Goodbye sigs. We will miss you all.

At this time, a SPECIAL thanks to Sazerac the Wise, for his work on my name, SlackerBoy for his work on Pamila and Pfil, and Lady NightShade for Perin's portrait.

Thank you all.

Ah, NO! You don't have to ditch all your sig?! You already ditched Pamila and Pfil once! The board jyst won't be the same!

------------------

Old 06-22-2001, 07:07 PM   #7
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Bye-bye!

------------------

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Old 06-22-2001, 07:12 PM   #8
Moni

::sniff:: ::sniff::

I'll miss those lil golem guys!
Good by lil golem guys! Be good! Be Careful! Remember to write or send a postcard at least!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-22-2001, 07:41 PM   #9
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Wah:
But I don't get it? How long does a damn 14 kbs take to load up on a 56K modem? That's just absurd! (referring to Reeka's sig)

Then again *I* use a 56k and ALL of the sigs load up just fine on my brower - it's fast too and I think that if you resize it any more it'll become cursed with pixellation. (that's bad)

So, I was wondering (not to break any rules) but to think whether we are being sensible by resizing already quick-loading images?

Ladyzekke and slackerboy's both load up in less than 10 seconds on 56k (from many experiences) so will changing them make any difference in the loading speed?

A couple of seconds? A COUPLE OF SECONDS FASTER?! Man.....all that work so that a 56k ranter can get his images to load 2% faster.

Reality Check everybody.
But if rules means rules then you'll see no more fancy Arch Lich too.

And I thought Ertai said a while ago that it wasn't the image number, or image size that mattered = it was just the 150kbs thing?

This is confusing.
Can I have some feedback on this? Merci Beaucoup!

I dont think it has anything to do with download time at this point.
the problem is with the graphics taking over the threads
ziroc was tired of all the giant images being all you see when you scroll through a post. the sigs dont really need to be so massive.
sure i like the look of my sig, but did it need to have all those images, no.
you still know me by the sig i use now .
we were getting a bit carried away. i did kind of start the massive sig thing. by putting 3 images in my sig.
besides most people didnt notice but i was using 7 images in my old sig.

------------------

Get The IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 06-22-2001, 07:51 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
its time to say goodbye to the sigs we are leaving behind
bye guy's we'll miss you

Awww, that's too bad, loved those Golems, and the shadow underneath them, great effect.

------------------