Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2001, 12:05 PM   #31
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Can I put in my two cents........awww it doesn't matter I am going to anyway

It seems to me that this has developed into a 'flame' war and we are now repeating ourselves

Shadowstrider: I don't see your need to keep pushing this. The original issue was between Kiwidoc and Moni. If Kiwidoc has chosen not to respond then don't you think the issue should be dropped. I appreciate your trying to stand up for her, but you have now went beyond that. You originally started by saying that Kiwidoc never attacked Moni and that Moni should apologise or stop saying she was attacked. Now it is you that are attacking Moni! Do you see the irony?
The original thread, like Moni said, was to discuss depression, which many people on this forum have admitted to having. You however have butted in and contributed nothing to this discussion! Do you have anything to say about depression/pms?

Moni: I think this issue is resolved. There is no need to continue a worthless debate any further. While I agree with you that you never attacked Kiwidoc, I would suggest that we move on. I would like to see a new thread started for the discussion of depression and possible cures/treatments/remedies. It is too bad this one had to be ruined.

If a mod is reading this, can this thread be locked so it does not continue to disinegrate into a flame war?

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 06-23-2001, 12:08 PM   #32
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

THAT is not insulting in any way. Even, if in worse case scenario, she is wrong(which I can tell she is not) then her diagnosis is faulty. If I had been insulted EVERY time a doctor told me a wrong diagnosis I would never go back to the doctor.

YOU SAID YOU WERE ATTACKED. At worst that could be seen as insulting, that is not, in any, way shape or form an attack.
Old 06-23-2001, 12:23 PM   #33
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Can I put in my two cents........awww it doesn't matter I am going to anyway

It seems to me that this has developed into a 'flame' war and we are now repeating ourselves

Shadowstrider: I don't see your need to keep pushing this. The original issue was between Kiwidoc and Moni. If Kiwidoc has chosen not to respond then don't you think the issue should be dropped. I appreciate your trying to stand up for her, but you have now went beyond that. You originally started by saying that Kiwidoc never attacked Moni and that Moni should apologise or stop saying she was attacked. Now it is you that are attacking Moni! Do you see the irony?
The original thread, like Moni said, was to discuss depression, which many people on this forum have admitted to having. You however have butted in and contributed nothing to this discussion! Do you have anything to say about depression/pms?

Moni: I think this issue is resolved. There is no need to continue a worthless debate any further. While I agree with you that you never attacked Kiwidoc, I would suggest that we move on. I would like to see a new thread started for the discussion of depression and possible cures/treatments/remedies. It is too bad this one had to be ruined.

If a mod is reading this, can this thread be locked so it does not continue to disinegrate into a flame war?

You're in the WRONG thread. This thread is about my forum, which YOU TWO choose to alter the course, so using your own logic, YOU should not have gotten involve, no?

I have not flamed her, she has flamed myself, my site AND the posters of my boards. She has flamed kiwidoc and attempted to insult her proffesion, CONTINUALLY falling back on her "opinion". Opinions are lke arseholes, everybodies got them, does that make one or the other correct? NO! If your opinions are insulting keep them to yourself(if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.).

This would never had started if Moni had not decided that kiwidoc "attacked" her, then flagrently posted it in an attempt to draw a flame from kiwi. THAT is most likely why kiwi has not responded, she doesn't want to get banned. I however am willing to get banned for something I believe is right.

Moridin, I can EASILY see that you agree and are friends with moni, which is probably the main reason why you are trying to help her. I however am nuetral, I have no love of kiwidoc, to the contrary, I never really even liked her, nor did I like or dislike moni. I am not blinded by bias I see what happened and I will stand up for the facts. Moni WAS NOT attacked in ANY way shape or form.

I offer once again, would you like me to go back and disect every sentence in the PMS thread? How about this one WHERE I have been antagonized? By your own logic you shouldn't have posted here since you had nothing to add.

As far as I am concerned this IS a flame war, however I have chosen not to insult others.

If you'de like I'll compose a list of insults she has made towards myself, my site, kiwidoc and the posters of my board.

[This message has been edited by Shadowstrider (edited 06-23-2001).]
Old 06-23-2001, 12:31 PM   #34
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

BTW- Moni, may I ask WHERE I said I disagreed with you on the medical fact thing? Have I posted anywhere saying I agree with Kiwi's fact? I could care less about the science behind PMS or depression, I suffer from neither. Yes call it selfish, but it has helped me to see the truth.

I read the threads because I saw potential in them, while no, I do not care about depression or pms I would like to be able to refer others to a topic on it.

It is you who are posting those facts, reassuring yourself that you are correct, FINE. Take the medical facts, you can have that arguement, I never debated them. I am debating that Kiwi did not insult you.
Old 06-23-2001, 01:08 PM   #35
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

And what is the point of all this? Why are you both arguing about it? This is not the type of discussion we want to have here as I don't see it as being productive anymore.

I don't know the history between you two and frankly don't care. This is a classic case of a thread that starts off with flamebait threads and turns to flaming, all for no point.

Shadowstrider wanted to give people a heads-up about his forum, he has done that, and that's cool. Moni wanted to check it out, she has done that, and that's cool too. Both of you have communicated your views on this forum and some threads located there, that's all cool.

So you happen to have differing views on things. The mature thing to do would be to agree to disagree and not carry on like squabbling children in public (though if you want to do so, why not do it there as the subject matter is there, not here?).

I am giving you both an opportunity to show your maturity here. If either of you fail to do so I will lock this thread.

------------------
Old 06-23-2001, 01:08 PM   #36
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
[BIf a mod is reading this, can this thread be locked so it does not continue to disinegrate into a flame war?

[/B]
It already has done so, Moridin. I am locking the thread.

All parties back off now. Your points have been made...several times over, I may add.