Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2001, 10:00 AM   #11
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
You mean to tell me that men do not become irrationally psychotic once a month? Why doesn't anybody tell me these things? Wait. . . . . . what was that. OH, men are chronically irrationally psychotic. Well, ladies, I guess we aren't doing so bad afterall.

Well hehe, we are like that most of the time, but the only short we have for it is the M A N period hehehe!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Old 06-20-2001, 10:01 AM   #12
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
You mean to tell me that men do not become irrationally psychotic once a month? Why doesn't anybody tell me these things? Wait. . . . . . what was that. OH, men are chronically irrationally psychotic. Well, ladies, I guess we aren't doing so bad afterall.

heheh, some more than others reeka

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
Old 06-20-2001, 10:03 AM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

Well...not chronically, perhaps. Sporadically irrationally psychotic, yes...which makes us far more unpredictable!

(good one, Bilqis!)

Old 06-20-2001, 10:04 AM   #14
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
hmmm...come a little closer, Lord of the Birds (hehehe)....I'll make you bleed and we'll see if you can be trusted.... *snicker*

I blow you a big loud raspberry from miles away - THRRRPPP!!!

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-20-2001, 10:10 AM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
If any women ARE offended, email me, I'll close it..

No Offence Bilqis

Z, I'm a good sport and can laugh at some of this but I do want to make it CLEAR to people that PMS is a medically documented condition and making 'stereotype' jokes is kind of like ragging on a disability.

So far nothing has been offensive, at least not to me. But I do hope people will try not to go overboard and into the tasteless realms.

Oh and if this thread was around a few weeks ago, I'd have grabbed Mel's frying pan, myself! LOL

btw, Bilqis! Your first post (lightbulb question) ...er...ME, a few weeks ago! HAHHAHAAHA..

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-20-2001, 10:28 AM   #16
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sephiroth, that is very nice, dear. *Reeka to herself: Be araid! Be very afraid*

------------------
O_H_F

Old 06-20-2001, 10:40 AM   #17
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Z, I'm a good sport and can laugh at some of this but I do want to make it CLEAR to people that PMS is a medically documented condition and making 'stereotype' jokes is kind of like ragging on a disability.

So far nothing has been offensive, at least not to me. But I do hope people will try not to go overboard and into the tasteless realms.

Oh and if this thread was around a few weeks ago, I'd have grabbed Mel's frying pan, myself! LOL

btw, Bilqis! Your first post (lightbulb question) ...er...ME, a few weeks ago! HAHHAHAAHA..

Cloudy

If I may point this out:
With a proper diet and a check on hormone levels, women don't have to suffer as seriously as some do. It is not necessary for women to suffer this in extremes.

I get mood swings maybe once or twice a year. I recognize when I do because it is so out of the ordinary for me to be irritated at little things. I take time to think (normally lol) about how I am going to react to anything that irks me.
I haven't had cramps but maybe half a dozen times (very mild cases) in over twenty years.
The men in my life would never even know it was "that time" for me if not for the tell tale sign of wrappers in the bathroom trash.
They have all loved me for it.

For women who do suffer, I would recommend a change in diet...less chemically charged foods for starters. Iron and B-vitamin rich foods also lessen the effects.

Moni

------------------

Old 06-20-2001, 11:08 AM   #18
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Sorry to disappoint you Moni but that is just not true. In my experience as a GP and later as a Psychiatrist and from my reading of the research my conclusions are

1/. The emotional component of PMT does not respond to dietary treatment, and it is very difficult to treat when it is severe.
2/. Other psychitric conditions are derfinitely made worse by PMT
3/. The cognitiver effects ie memory problems, not being able to make decisions as easily etc do definitely exist and they also dont respond well to simple measures.

A little irritability is not a major problem, and yes I DO see the funny side of these posts Been there, done that, poured the dishwashing liquid over husband (and GOD it felt good!)

However there is a tendancy for women with severe PMT to be treated as if it is somehow their own fault, or it is just a joke. I would be sorry if this thread added to this.

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
Old 06-20-2001, 11:29 AM   #19
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by kiwidoc:
Sorry to disappoint you Moni but that is just not true. In my experience as a GP and later as a Psychiatrist and from my reading of the research my conclusions are

1/. The emotional component of PMT does not respond to dietary treatment, and it is very difficult to treat when it is severe.
2/. Other psychitric conditions are derfinitely made worse by PMT
3/. The cognitiver effects ie memory problems, not being able to make decisions as easily etc do definitely exist and they also dont respond well to simple measures.

A little irritability is not a major problem, and yes I DO see the funny side of these posts Been there, done that, poured the dishwashing liquid over husband (and GOD it felt good!)

However there is a tendancy for women with severe PMT to be treated as if it is somehow their own fault, or it is just a joke. I would be sorry if this thread added to this.

Thanks for that post Kiwi, I could not have provided such complete medical evidence as you did, but I did think there was something not wholly true in that post... Monitoring your dietary habits doesn't work for in all cases and for all symptoms, and this is not only true of PMT but also of many other less accepted/examined illnesses.

Also, like Cloudy says as well, we mustn't lose sight off the fact that PMS can be a serious problem for some women... personally I have a thick hide and I think it's a funny thread, but only as long as it is funny/tongue-in-cheek, not when it results in insulting without understanding.

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 06-20-2001).]
Old 06-20-2001, 11:41 AM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I have tried most things, diet,included. For me,at least, that didn't help. One thing that did (mainly for cramping) was extra calcium intake ahead of time. That helps a little bit. Hard to be in good mood when in pain! But as kiwidoc mentioned, the irritability and moodshifts were uneffected by diet/vitamins.

Luckily I'm not psychotic...think I'll change that lightbulb now, anyone seen my hammer?!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."