Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2001, 03:40 AM   #71
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Stepping gingerly along the passage, Mistral discovers that the ground is now smoother - in fact, marble-like - and she listens to her footsteps echoing down the hallway. The corridor extends for another twenty feet before it comes to a bend. As she runs her fingers along the walls, she halts as they come across a fist-sized hole. Reaching in carefully with her left hand, she pulls out a ring ~ "Look, a ring of cold resistance! I've read somewhere that these are rare... they grant 100% resistance to all damage caused by cold elements." ~ The ring winks in the soft yellow light ~ "You should have this, Larry." ~ She hands it to him ~ "I've a feeling we'll be needing this somewhere along this hunt." ~

Old 10-27-2001, 04:21 AM   #72
mistral4543

Larry puts on the ring and they turn around the bend. Moments later, they reach a square-sized room. There are no visible doors or exits from the room, and it appears to be another dead end. And yet...

In the centre of the room, a raised platform bears two figures in a kneeling position. Drawing closer, Larry and Mistral discover the remarkably lifelike expressions on the figures. ~ If they weren't made of stone, I'd swear they were alive! ~ Mistral shivers ~ An urn is placed before each of the figures, but there the similarity ends. The left urn gleams with a blood red hue, and Mistral fingers the intricate patterns on it ~ "It's nightshade; a spell component that is deadly." ~ She turns to the right urn which shines with an onyx black shade and again traces the markings on it. Shuddering, she remarks ~ "Mummies... you know, those creepy things that crawl out of sarcophagi." ~

Noticing the parchment lying between the figures, Mistral reaches for it and reads the wordings aloud ~

"A simple game
To think about
Reverse the keys
And then you're out."

Looking up, she surveys the eeriely silent room once again. ~ I hope Larry comes up with a solution before I do... the air is becoming stale... ~

(ooc: Larry, at any point in this mini-quest, if you require hints or just want the solution to be provided by Mistral, you just have to post your character's action and I'll take it up from there. Kaz, Spree and all others - please do not reveal the solution if you think you know what it is. Thanks )

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-27-2001, 05:31 AM   #73
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Hi! I'm back! BTW Larry, when you said that about me not being there because I wasn't feeling well because of my tooth (which was true) it was 6 in the morning my time. This is WEEKEND, okay?
Kaz looked in surprise at the two leaving quickly. She said: "Wait!" but they didn't hear. She would not have minded them going off and her looking for Spree - she still felt weak and... uneasy somehow - except for one thing - the portal stone in Larry's pack.
Several hours later, she was looking around the city. Was Spree still in the underwater palace? Or had she come up here as well?

OOC: My subquest would be to find and KILL that demon. Because Kaz is still being affected by him. You'll find out next time she sleeps...
But before we do that, I'd best familiarize myself with the BG2 rules and play a bit more and also do the first draft for the subplot. Should it be a very long one?
BTW, Larry, some people are getting impatient and want to join. Maybe we should consider them sending their applications in already and us deciding who we want and who we DON'T want? And then figuring out when and how to let them join. Because, frankly, we're not going to get a tavern open until some time next year at this rate...

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-27-2001, 09:36 AM   #74
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

( ooc: BUMP! Sorry ya'll I went out to a haunted house on Spagetti Junction with my uncle and my dad and my *sigh*. EHERM...last night. Cool shit, 20 bucks a head though. Definately worth it. Called Netherworld. )

~The pair treads down the corridor, their voices echoing merrily through the caverns and caves.~

~She fondly ruffles the elf's hair, stepping to the other side of the stone hall.~ "I was young, WE were young! How can you blame me for something that happend so long ago?!" ~Her long-lost laughter trails to any ears within the caves, though un-intentionally.~

~He shrugs his shoulders, a wide grin still across his face. His hand rises to traces the diagonal scar.~ "It WAS your idea to play with those blasted daggers Chani, you can't deny it." ~His medolic laughter joins hers in a symphony of jovial qualities.~

~Her eyes avert to him, narrowing to cat-like slits.~ "As I recall, Maverick, the whole idea was yours." ~Her feet continue to carry her at a steady pace.~

~He throws his hands back in mock dissaray.~ "O' now lass! Why don't we just blame it on Arrakis while we're at it? Or maybe Li for so un-specifically telling you not to mess with the keys he left on the table!"

~She glares, throwing the wood-elf a smirk.~ "All right, maybe that detail was mine. But it was your own fault for fighting so poorly as for me to slash you 'cross the face." ~Her torso shakes in held back snickering.~

~A sideways glance is given to her. They reach a crossroad and he stops her, turning and looking her straight in the eye.~ "I never did get you back for that." ~He slyly turns back to the crossroads.~ "Which way m'lady?"

~She examines each passageway's entrance, noting there was absolutely no difference other than direction. She shrugs her shoulders and turns back to Maverick.~ "Hell, why not right? That should be right, no?" ~She gives a weak grin to the pun and starts down the passageway.~

[This message has been edited by Killing Spree (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-27-2001, 10:01 AM   #75
Kaz

OOC: I take it that means Larry and Mistral are wandering some caves to recover something, Spree and Maverick are somewhere under the palace and poor Kaz is looking for someone to turn up. Right?
Old 10-27-2001, 11:05 AM   #76
mistral4543

ooc: Kaz - I was under the impression that Spree and Maverick are out of the sea-elven palace but not in the city itself... maybe we'd better confirm with Spree...
Old 10-27-2001, 11:12 AM   #77
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
ooc: Kaz - I was under the impression that Spree and Maverick are out of the sea-elven palace but not in the city itself... maybe we'd better confirm with Spree...
OOC: I have absolutely no idea... at least my character is pretty lonely out there. I could of course start working on my subplot, but I'm not sure how to do it...
BTW, any idea on how to kill Gauths without the Cloak of Mirrorring? I'm kind of stuck...
Old 10-27-2001, 11:17 AM   #78
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

To Kaz: As to your quest...let us take it up after we discover Spree's intentions and I think it would be ok to be long, as this demon should be powerful, right?
To the others that want to join...let Mistral and I get out of this cave...Let us discover what Spree intends to involve in her sub-plot, and then we will tak one or two people with us to fight your demon. We will have them meet us somewhere and we will hire their help or something to that effect. But let us get ourselves stabalized. Does everyone agree?
To Mistral: Give me a while to work on that...I printed it out, and will carry it around with me today, to study it in my mind. When I am ready to post tonight, I will have your answer. Is that acceptable?

To Spree: If you could meet up with Kaz and keep her company, until she goes into another seizure-type fit...that would be cool. Just don't let Maverick touch her...I gotta keep her safe, too!
Old 10-27-2001, 02:41 PM   #79
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: BUMP! Me going to be sorceress for Halloween Mwahahahaha!)

~The pair walks steadily up a flight of stone stairs and into the warmth and hustle of the city.~

~His black eyes look contentadely at colorful banners and merry folk. He turns back to Chani, giving an extravegant bow.~ "Welcome to my humble home m'lady, Athkatla." ~He straightens himself and half smiles at her, watching her facial expressions.~

~Her eyes jump about in awe.~ "I can't remember the last time I came so far south as Amn's capital..." ~Her blue-gray eyes return to Maverick.~ "Where exactly are we going?"

~His face brightens, knowing he had something that would please his saddend friend.~ "Docks district. I have some friends who will find your comrades for you. If they're in the city, you'll have them by your side again by the end of the day."

~She nods her head enthusiastically.~ "My sincerest thanks Maverick..." ~She looks down at her stomach as it growls ferociously. Her cheeks turn a somewhat embarassed red.~ "Ummmm... Do you think perhaps we could eat first? I mean... Maybe you could point me to a tavern? I... I don't want to trouble you any more and I'm sure I could..."

~He silences her.~ "I'm taking you to the best restaurant in the city." ~He silences her protest stubbornly.~ "Eh... No questions." ~He loops his arm in hers and sets off at a jaunty step, mocking and immitating the nobles they passed as they headed to the bridge district.~
Old 10-27-2001, 03:48 PM   #80
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

ooc:

Maverick's Inventory

Head: None
Body: Armor Of The Deep Night +4
Shield: None
Hands: Gloves Of Pick Pocketing
Ring: Mercykiller Ring (+20% to set snares, hide in shadows, and move silently)
Neck: Kaligun's Amulet of Magic Resistance
Waist: Basic Girdle
Feet: Boots Of Elvenkind
Weapon 1: Boneblade +4 (Dagger)
Weapon 2: Boomerang Dagger +2
Weapong 3: Short Bow +1
Back: Shadowfall Cloak (Family Item)

Will have description for cloak after dinner. Hee hee hee...