Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2001, 09:37 PM   #111
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

~It was a dark, cloudless night.~

~Philippe crept about, seeking some warmth.~
Maybe the ring of cold resistance should go here.
~His stomach growled and he glanced around hopefully, but to no avail.~
I brought some food with me...maybe that is the third thing that goes...

~"Nuts!" he yelled in frustration, instantly regretting it as a huge pebble appeared out of nowhere, striking him. He rubbed his arm and began to nurse his wound.~
Huge pebble...What was that bauble you found back a while ago?

~I must leave here immediately, he thought grimly. Preferably in disguise...~
The scroll of polymorph goes last...
Old 10-27-2001, 09:46 PM   #112
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Mistral smiles ~ "Well, I suppose some light would be welcome in the dark. But I think I've something else here that could keep Philippe warm; let's keep the ring for ourselves... I'm sure you've gotten the third part right. As for the fourth, he's injured and probably wants to be back to perfect health again... and the Polymorph spell requires someone to cast on him; we aren't told there is anyone else." ~

She glances at him tentatively, afraid of another of his self-pitying bouts ~ "Do you want to try again, or shall I have a go?" ~

(ooc: Is it really this tough, Larry? Pls feedback.)

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-28-2001).]
Old 10-27-2001, 09:58 PM   #113
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry, beaten and aware of his lack of intellegance, looks at Mistral with pouty eyes....

I am just a big brute with a nice sword, mi'lady...Never will I doubt the superior intellegence of a woman!

ooc...I am stuck...you have a great imagination, and I envy you! I never was good at any of the riddles on BG. I just don't have what it takes to solve puzzles. It is not one of my finer points, you might say...Sorry to be such a loser
...I really am trying! I have even asked my wife to help me with these last two! (though she didn't see the kissing part...she would be quite angry with me for that...)
Please help!!!
Old 10-27-2001, 10:02 PM   #114
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: Heh thanks guys

Deiter was standing outside of an old looking cabin out in the woods. The hard rain had already soaked the half elf to his bones.As he was trying to remember where he had seen the cabin before a tall half elf came outside. His sliver black hair gleamed in the comeing darkness."Father..." Deiter said quietly as the man stood in front of his son."Deiter my boy, what are you doing out in this rain? come inside." The ranger looked at his father not knowing what to say"I..I.." Putting an arm around his son's shoulders he brought him inside."Go sit by the fire." Walking over to old narled rocking chair, he sat down. Khelvin took some blankets out and handed them to his son."Now what are you doing here Deiter?"

Shakeing his head sadly he looked down at the floor. He had lived here when he was a little boy. Deiter looked back up to answer his father but he was gone and so was the cabin. In its place was cold stone room. Looking around confused he went over to the door. He was about to turn the door handel when in walked his mother. The wood elven woman smiled fondly at her son as she shut the door behind her."Whats going on?"Larilie looked away from her son as the door bursted open and a wood elven man walked in."What are you doing Larilie?! I told you not to see him!" Gelver, his stepfather glared down at the ranger with hate and digust.

The area changed again back to the cabin in the forest. But this time the cabin was on fire and you could smell blood and burning flesh. Hearing a insane laughter,Deiter turned around quickly to find Aerien behind him. "Why little brother...why such the sad face?" He knew that his father was in the cabin burning by the hands of his demented brother. Aerien raised his hands and started to chant something. A beam of light hit him and suddenly he woke up to find Killing Spree and some wood elf looking down at him.

ooc: I'm still working on Deiters past so what I typed about it so far isn't supposed to make much sense. It's all cluttered in his mind and thats how I hopefully typed it. I'll finish it later on.

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-27-2001, 10:08 PM   #115
mistral4543

Nodding, she walks to the treasure chest and begins depositing the items from Larry's as well as her own inventory...

~ "Dark and cloudless..." ~ Places lantern ~
~ "Making a fire..." ~ Places tinder ~
~ "Stomach growling..." ~ Places some meat and mutton ~
~ "Nursing wound..." ~ Places a potion of extra healing ~
~ "Leaving in disguise..." ~ Places dye ~

Turning to Larry again, she speaks ~ "I suppose this being a magical artifact, whoever is hiding it is bent on testing the intelligence of all who seek it. And as a mage, I am supposed to be better at solving riddles." ~ She closes the lid...

A resounding clang echoes from the left ~ "I think the door is open now" ~ Out of curiousity, she lifts the lid of the chest again ~ "Hey, look! Another ring of cold resistance!" ~

She looks at Larry ~ "Let's go ahead." ~

(ooc: I will continue posting after this, wait for my post.
Sorry that you aren't enjoying these riddles I'll try to end this asap...)

Old 10-27-2001, 10:09 PM   #116
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

in reference to Deiter...
OOC...anybody feel another sub-plot forming???

!!!
Please don't misunderstand my wording on the previous post of mine...I am not saying that you are making it dull for me...this is harder than fighting any ol' dead mummy or anything! I like your change of pace on the types of challenges we face...it is just that my mind is not adept to that much focused reasoning. Yet, I will continue to strive to keep up with you.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-27-2001, 10:15 PM   #117
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

OOC...anybody feel another sub-plot forming???
Lol if you mean me well....I havn't had one yet for my character ya know But really if you guys just want to get all of the sub plots over and make the tavern i'm fine with that. I don't really need a sub plot for Deiter, his kind of ended with killing Aerien. Lol thats a new record, sub plot completed in one post

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-27-2001, 10:22 PM   #118
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC...I will be back in about 15-20 minutes...gotta go lock the house down for the night, get people in bed...that sorta thing...brb...
Old 10-27-2001, 10:22 PM   #119
mistral4543

She removes the ring of fire resistance from her left finger and places the one of cold resistance on it. Larry then moves forward to open the door...

As they continue ahead, poisonous fumes fill the air. ~ "Good thing we've these anti-venom rings on!" ~ She grins gratefully at Larry ~ "You didn't think they'd come in so handy now, did you?" ~ The passage extends another twenty feet, before they reach the next room which glows from a distance. ~ "This is it!" ~ she whispers in awe.~ They step in...

Gales of cold wind whip their hair mercilessly and the chilling air bites them to the bones. The walls are covered with ice and they discover that the room is well below freezing temperature. ~ Thank goodness we've these rings on! We'd have frozen to death otherwise... ~ She surveys the room carefully.

It is brightly lit, with a raised platform bearing a coffin. A woman corpse lays with her eyes closed and her hand cupped together as if wishing to hold something in them. Mistral reads the inscription on the coffin aloud ~

If life be joy
And death be peace
I seek my toy
Before I release
This precious prize
Which all covet
Herein it lies
No doubt about that

"What say you to that, Larry?"

(ooc: Sorry, going to eat some breakfast. BRB too)

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-27-2001, 10:28 PM   #120
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~The wood-elf looks on, feeling as if he were intruding. He looks at Chani and motions her on. Whispering near in-audible.~ "Try to get to the five flagons without dying dear one." ~He nods his head and heads out to the familiar tavern.~

~She watches Maverick walk off then turns to a dazed Deiter. She crouches in front of him stiffly, her eyes brimming with tears.~ "Deiter? Are you all right?" ~An un-controlled tear streaks down her face.~