Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2001, 03:26 AM   #1
Susan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

First of all, you've done a wonderful job in keeping your boards clear, easy to read and quick to load - so congratulations to all the mediators working on this page.

I've got a couple of questions that I can't find on your pages anywhere - perhaps because I'm new to this type of game your other readers might find these a bit obvious.

1. Does it matter what order I do my quests in?

While looking for a rancour's egg I ran across a toad who asked me to go somewhere. When I came past the same area again about two days later (still not having found the egg) a toad attacked me saying it "hated warmbloods". Was this because I took too long to do what it asked?

2. How do I complete my quests?/Is my quest obscure or specific?

My first task (shown in the intro to the game) is to get the Mavin Sword. I found Nivius's tomb and took a vow to uphold the honour of the sword, but didn't receive it. Looking around I was still unable to find it anywhere on the same level - (but I did get the item on Nivius's body)

Am I supposed to take the item back to Garren (Garreth?) to complete this quest (hence, obscure) or have I actually not completed my quest yet? (The search for a sword.)

Any help is appreciated.
Old 12-14-2001, 05:56 AM   #2
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Susan,

Welcome to W&W! Some of the obscurity is (I think) intentional in order to extend the mystery (and gameplay time). And some quests are of the "Let me write that down for later" sort since the resolution may be many game-hours in the future.

1) The "bad" toads are bands of renegades wandering the Gael Serran looking for trouble. Give it to them - they're automatically hostile. The toads in their village to the north are, however, neutral - but easy to anger. Don't attack up there unless you mean to wipe them out. And time factors for quests usually aren't a concern.

2) You'll find the Mavin sword in the latter-middle part of the game. The Ring was just the first step in recovering it.

Good luck!
Old 12-14-2001, 06:17 AM   #3
Susan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you for such a quick reply! I was quite sure I'd visited all the areas in the crypt but did not know if I could really continue. Now that I know I can go on, I can get back to enjoying the game.

Thanks once again : )
Old 12-14-2001, 08:15 AM   #4
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hi Susan! And welcome to the board!
The toad you med was Mekdawa. If you enter the priest's guild they will tell you to deliver a potion to him (the delivering procedure might be a little bit problematic). When you do that he'll tell you that you are Ukabu. Remember that word when you reach the Toad Village. Usually, it doesn't matter in what order you do the quests, but here you'll need the secret word to get a second quest from Shinwiki, the toad shaman. Don't go to the Toad Village before you've met Mekdawa, or you'll be attacked (which makes it impossible to get the second quest). Luckily, Shinwiki's quest isn't essential to complete the game, but it gives some well needed XP for a beginner party.

The Mavin Sword won't be found in the crypt! You won't encounter it until much later in the game. Also, don't confuse the Mavin Sword with the Sword of Mastus! If you've found the Sword of Nivius, take it back to the Warrior's guild to get XP, and an increase in rank.

Good Luck!

//Jazzid
Old 12-14-2001, 10:36 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Susan!!!

Thanks for the compliments - lots of the credit goes to Ziroc for using the Ultimate Bulletin Board and customizing it for each game topic. And kudos belong to the posters here too!! We've got a great bunch of regulars that are always helpful and make newcomers feel welcomed! Couldn't ask for more than that!

Since Xignal and Jazzid have already given you some great tips - I would only add - DO ALL THE QUESTS from the stores/guilds, town hall and from individuals. The quests are important, especially the guild quests which raise your guild level thus offering you more training options!

There are no time limits on completing a quest. Sometimes there are related quests - like the potion for Mekdawa and the Armory Toad Village quest. Just seems easiest to do those two quests.

Keep us posted on how you are doing!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 08:38 PM   #6
Arkain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello, Susan.

I have noticed that no one answered your question about the Rancor's egg, I'm assuming the ranger quest?

I believe I found that going up Snake River to the Toad Village. Follow the western side of the river and you should see a small clearing a little before the Caves of Ishad N'Ha. Having a copy of the map really helps you can find one here at this site... it's pretty accurate.

http://www.volberding.com/WHints/MapSet/maps.htm

Hope this helps.

Arkain
Arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 07:46 AM   #7
Susan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you Arkain, I did eventually find the egg once I decided to make my way to Ishad N'ha - but can't find the town anywhere!! I looked at the maps you've suggested, but tried not to take more than a glance at all the places I haven't been yet. (That's most of them.)

The map doesn't have a general "Outdoors" map - one with the city markings and dungeon placings on it. Perhaps it's too much of a spoiler . . .

I've also noticed that the "Ring of Saints" (Quest given by Valeia's Temple priest that I can't complete.)

Thanks to everyone for all their help,
Susan
Old 01-26-2002, 07:49 AM   #8
Susan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oops!

That last sentence was " . . . the "Ring of Saints" isn't marked on the map either. Any hints on this? The priest says it is in the Crypt - but I'm beginning to wonder if he's absent minded and I'll find it much later on further down the game. Is that the case?

Many thanks (again),
Susan
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 08:05 AM   #9
Susan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILER -

Sorry to post yet again, but -

I found the "search" on your page, and now know that the ring is supposed to be under the table in the F'Lokis Ra chamber - so I checked but it isn't there.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-26-2002, 09:58 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Susan!

The ring of saints will only appear if you have the quest, otherwise there is nothing. Check your character's journals to see that they really have the quest.

Any possibility that you might have already picked it up? Check your inventory. Or picked it up and sold it? Check the shop inventories, such items can be bought back.

Hope you find it!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote