Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2003, 08:27 PM   #1
Sythe
Ra

I have a choice of increacing one of his abilties by one. I hate doing that but... my 7th level fighters stats are

Strength:14
Dexterity:17
Constitution:14
Intellgence:11
Wisdom:11
Charisma:10

Which one should I increase I am stuck between Strength and Dexterity.

Also in Chapter 2 would a henchman if you finish his or her quest give you an item that would increaces the wearers dexterity by 2? If so then I already know what to pick.
Old 07-04-2003, 08:44 PM   #2
GForce

Well, I'd go for Strength if you tend to use strength-based weapons OR go for Dexterity if you prefer finess or ranged weapons. Sorry, i'm not at chapter 2 yet to help any further. strength would also help bashing doors or chests. of course dexterity can help unlock things and dodge attacks.
Old 07-04-2003, 09:33 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

You seem to be a Dexer already so stick with Dex. Change to a lighter or Dex-based wepaon if you haven't already. Looking at your stats it's there where you'll achive the highest AB. Like GForce said your AC bonus will go up also.

[ 07-04-2003, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 07-04-2003, 11:47 PM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

I'd go for dex, raising your strength won't effect anything til you raise it to an even number. Also if you have the weapon finesse feat, your dex bonus gets added to your attack bonus if you use certain light weapons.
Old 07-05-2003, 07:41 AM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

Strength is certainly useful as it increases the amount of weight you can carry, whereas high dexterity lets you use lighter armour, also leaving more room for extra items. In this case, I would go with dexterity and the lighter armour (studded leather to chain shirts). With the weapon finesse feat, you can switch to lighter weapons if you like and get a +2 bonus.

In chapter 2, there is indeed a henchwoman who gives you an amulet adding +2 to dex (and there is also one that adds to strength), but only if you also completed her quest in chapter 1. This goes for all the henchmem items, you can only get better versions in later chapters if you have also received all previous ones.
There are also other items to increase dexterity (like boots and belts) and strength (like gauntlets and armour).
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote