Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2002, 10:11 AM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I play on a baseball team of five 5th graders going into 6th and seven 6th graders going into 7th.It's summer over here right now.Now the head couch let's all the 6th graders play the entire game.Only one 5th grader plays the entire game.Now,2 fifth garders are only playing half of the game.Me and another kid are the two 5th graders.Now we have a new kid on our team.He is in the 5th grade and HE GETS TO PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not because he is now that my couch let's him the entire game.Why does he get to play the entire game when I did'nt when I played my first game on this team.I don't even get to bat every time I should because another kid is batting and taking his turn to play in the game because we have so many players.This is like my baseball team from hell.The kids are rude.The 5th graders are spit on except the opne who gets to play the entire game.The 6th graders don't treat us fairly they catch the balls that we are supposed to be catching when me and my friend are playing catch and then they throw it far away from you and make you go and get it.All the sixth graders are cruel.Especially the coach's son.He picks on me and my other buddy the most.He calls my other buddy names like fat boy,tubby,lard butt,and other things.Now one day on the game yesterday that I had.I'm telling a joke to my friend and the coach's son inturrups and says(The joke was nothing like this.),"Yo mama's gay?"."I don't want to know that."You're gay too?!".The first thing I want to do is sling a punch.But i think to myself that fighting is not the answer to something like this.I say"Just shut up.No one wants to hear he stupid words that come out of your mouth." Now he picked on me for the rest of the game.Do you think that my coach should let me play the entire game?What would be the first thing to you would do in a time like this?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 06-14-2002, 10:14 AM   #2
Donut
Jack Burton

There but for the grace of God go I.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 06-14-2002, 10:19 AM   #3
Deathcow
Elminster

eww, middle school...hated that place

maybe the new 5th grader is a good player, your coach probably had a good reason for playing him the whole game

and about the bigger kids...try to ignore them, as hard as it may seem

...and remember not to be like them when YOU are one of the bigger kids [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 10:24 AM   #4
SomeGuy
Unicorn

First of all,the new player can't hit a baseball worth crap.And all he does in the field is look around and if a ball comes to him he just let's someone else get because he stands to far close to the infield.He plays outfield.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 06-14-2002, 11:17 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It sounds pretty rotten all the way around, SomeGuy. Is there someone other than the coach that you can talk to, if the coach seems unresponsive?

It sounds like you need an adult to intercede for you and for some of the others as well. I for one would be interested to know why a newcomer in the 5th grade would get to play the whole game.

You gotta be careful, though. There is such furor right now about "sports rage", especially with parents of kids.

I hope for the best for you. If not, is there another sport you could try out for; something that may be more congenial or better fair play?

Cheers,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 06-14-2002, 11:23 AM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
maybe your coach is related to that guy ? Anyway, welcome to the world somedude.
Old 06-14-2002, 11:24 AM   #7
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
There but for the grace of God go I.
You're a girl, you can't play on that team ;p

Old 06-14-2002, 06:55 PM   #8
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Donut's a girl?If you mean me I'm not.
Old 06-14-2002, 07:11 PM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Donut - she's a 13 year old babelet who comes from Birmingham, is a professional wrestler, and has two dogs and a salamander . Was that more mis-information than you wanted to know
Old 06-14-2002, 07:18 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
someguy, you didn't answer my question, is your coach in any way related to the new kid ?