Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2001, 05:15 PM   #1
Alira
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does anyone have any idea of how long in real time do you have to wait for 2 game days to pass to complete the quest. I have been staying on the boat outside Brimloch Roon for about 2 hours now and my monk is still not ready to ascend.

I know you need to strip the monk of everything he is wearing but what about his inventory. Does that have to be completely empty too?
Alira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 05:19 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Wish they included a clock, don't you?? (me too)

Probably the easiest way to gage this is to start "counting" from either sunset or sunrise and wait until you've gotten pass "3" (save your game first before checking - going into town too soon can reset the whole quest clock).

I don't believe you have to empty their whole inventory - but if you have space to do so - better safe than sorry. Hopefully someone else will answer that particular question definitively!

Good Luck!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 07:47 PM   #3
Throg
Dungeon Master

I think it takes about four Mundane hours for two Gael Serran days to pass. But those two days seemed to take me about six days in Frustration hours. Be sure and save you game before returning to check at the Dojo. If enough time hasn't passed, you can restore the game.

Throg
Throg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 08:51 PM   #4
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If you set your character outside of the gates, my estimate guess of the game time for the monk quest is 4-5 hours.
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:48 PM   #5
FanPyre
Dungeon Master

I hate the monk quest! they must have been running out of time or something when they thought of that. Come to think of it, i hate the monk character even more than the quest.
FanPyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 11:55 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

FanPyre: agree totally! The Monk character is not worth the hassle. If you want Spirit magic, the Paladin is far better for what you can get (especially that Crusader trait) and if you want to learn Kung Fu, well, you can ascend the Paladin later to be a Ninja. (Paladin/Ninja...interesting combo). Both the Paladin and Ninja role ascensions are easier combined than the Monk one. One day running nekkid should have been enough, especially in this game, where everything happens so fast...

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 03:45 AM   #7
Alira
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Finally after about 5 or 6 hours of real time, I now have a monk. This was the only character class except for Zenmaster and valkyre that not one person in my group is. But thats it, I am not doing this again. It is crazy that they have a quest like this and not have an easy way of telling time.

Alira
Alira is offline   Reply With Quote