Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2002, 02:32 AM   #41
Ilythiiri
The Magister

ouch.. that really hurts...
Old 10-26-2002, 07:21 AM   #42
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

hmm i'd sue for damages and what-not. . . The fact that microsoft did this severley annoys me... and I'm sure everyone else. I think the lesson learned here is to never trust them or make a deal with them in any way shape or form unless you want to be ruined by them. Just look at what they did to Bungie and Halo. . .

[ 10-26-2002, 07:23 AM: Message edited by: /)eathKiller ]
Old 10-26-2002, 12:44 PM   #43
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
And why dont you get any "banners" here to click on? no poups but banners then you would get tons of money here i think we are 10 000 members here you knove and i am happy to click on one of them when they are coming!!
Ask Westwood, Sierra, Blizzard or even EA i think they would love this place and all the members to buy their games!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
There are banners at www.ironworksgaming.com to click on. I click on them regularily for Z [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2002, 01:06 PM   #44
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Dayyyyum....that's just...BLAH! But yeah 7K easy - not so bad.
Old 10-26-2002, 01:10 PM   #45
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

If money is realy the problem , why not charge $1 a month to access the forums.For most people $1 is NOT a lot of money. Heck it is less that the price of a soda or candy bar BUT 10,000 members at $1 a month = $10,000 a month!!!A dollar is a whole lot cheaper than what game banshee or ign charges per month for access.
Old 10-26-2002, 01:13 PM   #46
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
If money is realy the problem , why not charge $1 a month to access the forums.For most people $1 is NOT a lot of money. Heck it is less that the price of a soda or candy bar BUT 10,000 members at $1 a month = $10,000 a month!!!A dollar is a whole lot cheaper than what game banshee or ign charges per month for access.
Of course, there are a lot of people who sign up for one post ever, then leave, so your donations go down to maybe 1000-2000 regulars.

Too bad about the deal though Z.
Old 10-26-2002, 10:53 PM   #47
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
What will I do with Escape Gaming? Hmmm.. I don't know yet. I was thinking of starting a separate gaming site, with games that are not RPG's... but I plan to do something like this on Ironworks anyway. So.... I don't know yet...
How about a site for those who don't like gaming?
Old 10-26-2002, 11:03 PM   #48
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
That wouldn't be fair though, as there are a lot of younger members that don't have jobs, and don't have any money, would not be fair to deprive those just because of their financial situations.

I do agree though that there are THOUSANDS of members here, and those that are able to donate should, as it not only benefits them, but everyone else [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-27-2002, 01:42 AM   #49
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
quote:
That wouldn't be fair though, as there are a lot of younger members that don't have jobs, and don't have any money, would not be fair to deprive those just because of their financial situations.

I do agree though that there are THOUSANDS of members here, and those that are able to donate should, as it not only benefits them, but everyone else [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Besides, do you know what you can do with a buck!? You can make a 20 minute phone call.
Old 10-27-2002, 04:14 AM   #50
Jellyfish
Dungeon Master

Don't be sad, mr. webmaster. Better luck next time.
My family moved from one country to another. I stopped visiting ironworks for some time. I remember by that time, the dungeonsiege forum had just opened.I am glad I could get back again using the familiar and gracious name, ironworks.