Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2001, 10:38 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

KDog! Ren fest? OOOOOOH! Do tell! I have this secret desire to start visiting different festivals around the country if I ever get the gold and copper to do so! We have a smallish to medium one in Sterling NY in summer.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-30-2001, 12:36 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hehe...going to the Texas Renaissance Festival on October 13 here should be a lot of fun. I usually go to Scarborough Faire near Dallas early in May as well.

------------------

I know who you are...I saw what you did!
Old 09-30-2001, 12:42 AM   #3
G'kar

The one in Georgia is happening weekends through mid-nov I think and again in the spring. It is south of Atlanta, usually. Of course now I'm in MA so I wont be going to that one, though its very big and very fun! I have yet to hear of one around here, but working 60 hrs a week kills my desire to do anything outside of my house, except walk around the lake across from my complex.

Old 09-30-2001, 12:46 AM   #4
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

I've been to the RenFest in MN, in fact, been there every year for the last 4 years. I read somewhere that MN has one of the largest in the country. Lots of cool shops and shows, and the people, man they are amazing!

------------------

Always listen to your heart, for it will never lead you astray.
United we stand, divided we fall!
Old 09-30-2001, 12:48 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear G'Kar,

Here are some of the listings for Ren-faires in your region:

The Festival of the Lion Renaissance Faire
August 24-25 2002, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Admission: $7 / Contact: Al Fairbrother, 67 Hempstead Rd, Sandown, NH 03873, (603) 887-4034, email: renaissance@afairbrother.com / Site: Brigham Hill Rd. in Grafton, MA, Ex. 11A off Rte 90. / Booths:25 / Attendance:600+ / Weapons: must be sheathed / On-site camping for participants only; hotels nearby.

Higgins Faire
May 4, 2002 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Admission: $6 / Contact: Higgins Armory Museum, Malory Truman, 100 Barber Ave., Worcester, MA 01606 (508) 853-6015, email: higgins@higgins.org, web: http://www.higgins.org / Site: Higgins Armory Museum, 100 Barber Ave, Exit 1 off I90 to Rt 12 N., Worcester, MA / Booths: N/A / Attendance: 2,000 / Weapons: not allowed

King Arthur Festival at Hammond Castle
April 12-22, 2001, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Admission: $10 / Contact: John Pettibone, 80 Hesperus Ave., Gloucester, MA 01930, (978) 283-2080, email: ryry@mediaone.net, web: http://www.hammondcastle.org / Site: Hammond Castle, Gloucester, MA / Booths: 8 / Attendance: N/A / Hotels and campgrounds nearby

King Richard's Faire
Sept. 1 - Oct. 21, 2001 10:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Admission: $20 / Contact: Bonnie Shapiro, King's Faire, Inc., PO Box 419, Rt. 58, Carver, MA 02330, (508) 866-5391, http://www.kingrichardsfaire.net / Site: Rt. 58, S. Carver, MA / Booths: 100 / Attendance: 200,000 / Weapons: must be sheathed / Showers and privies on-site. Campgrounds and motels nearby, houses for rent within 15 min.

Robin Hood Faire at Hammond Castle
July 14-15, 2001, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Admission: $10 / Contact: John Pettibone, 80 Hesperus Ave., Gloucester, MA 01930, (978) 283-2080, email: ryry@mediaone.net, web: http://www.hammondcastle.org / Site: Hammond Castle, Gloucester, MA / Booths: 12 / Attendance: 2,200 / Hotels and campgrounds nearby

I think the King Richard Faire is the biggest one in your area, but I'm not sure. There are links to some of them there. Hope this helps!

------------------

Old 09-30-2001, 12:55 AM   #6
G'kar

Well, many thanks Saz, When I get a day off in a week or two I may hafta go to one!!

Old 09-30-2001, 01:03 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
Well, many thanks Saz, When I get a day off in a week or two I may hafta go to one!!

Cool, G'Kar! Yep, I'm a regular encyclopediac!

Do get a chance to check out that "King Richard Faire", because I think that's the one I've heard a lot of good things about. I have a friend in Dallas who does intricate lapidary work who travels there and has a booth, and she does quite a brisk business there.

------------------

Old 09-30-2001, 01:21 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wow.. LOTS of good info there Saz! Thanks. HI Zeeke!

G'kar, I sure hope you get to got to a faire! Missed mine this summer and wish I had time and opportunity to do another one now.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-30-2001, 06:35 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

d
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
KDog! Ren fest? OOOOOOH! Do tell! I have this secret desire to start visiting different festivals around the country if I ever get the gold and copper to do so! We have a smallish to medium one in Sterling NY in summer.

Cloudy

Wossa ren fest then? Please enlighten me.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 09-30-2001, 07:26 AM   #10
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
The one in Georgia is happening weekends through mid-nov I think and again in the spring. It is south of Atlanta, usually. Of course now I'm in MA so I wont be going to that one, though its very big and very fun! I have yet to hear of one around here, but working 60 hrs a week kills my desire to do anything outside of my house, except walk around the lake across from my complex.
Just some FYI and a question...

Question first...Are you from the Atlanta area originally or did you live down here for a while or something???

FYI...They changed our Ren. Fest. They moved it up the street a couple of miles and instead of twice a year, they extended the spring season. It's something like late March or so to mid-June or so.

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Owner/operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

"Allright! We'll call it a draw."