Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2001, 11:12 AM   #1
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hiya,

I wanted to ask if everyone could post their best parties from Wiz 7. Like what their races are, levels, armor and weapons they are using or have in their swag bags for backups. Also, what do you feel is a particular devastating combo for past characters, etc? I will post the finer details of my party later as I dont have the game here at work.

I'm really thinking about how things will be in Wiz 8, as it sounds like the specialized classes of Ninja, Monk, Samurai, Valk and Lord are not as powerful as they can be in Wiz 7. Supposedly the Fighter is more like a Barbarian and quite a force in combat, and the Thief a much better fighter.

I imagine this will change the way we set up our parties...and I'm wondering, will Faerie Ninjas be worthless, or the same?

Hmm.....

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 12:56 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Scronan, this is from memory (from several years back), but I'm going to be as realistic as possible:

I had a party (all human, with the exception of a Felpurr Bard) with a Lord, a Valkyrie, 2 Ninjas (one was formerly a ranger and one was formerly an alchemist), a bard (formerly a mage) and a Bishop (formerly a priest). All were about 80th level at completion. Quite briefly, there was hardly anything they couldn't take on; they even defeated the Beast of 1000 Eyes at normal play level (I usually play Expert, but just couldn't handle 2 Beasts...)

Weapons they were using: Mecurian Light Sword (one of my Ninjas), Mercurian Light Shield (Valkyrie) (yes, I had the Diamond Ring from BANE), Excalibur (Lord), Maenad's Lance (Valkyrie), Ymmu's Paw (2nd weapon on the first Ninja),Cat O' Nine Tails (Bard), Staff of Doom and Diamond Eyes (Bishop). The second ninja was using hands and feet and was more devastating than the First Ninja with the Light Sword! The armor was usual stock-in-trade by that point: Ebony Plate for the Lord, Mantis Gloves and Boots for the Valkyrie, along with Jazeraint Skirt and Tunic, and other high-level armor for the other characters.

As a general rule, I stay away from Psionics (Psionic, Monk) because, at least in Wizardry 7, Psionics were pretty worthless. By the time you got to spells that did good damage, most opponents were immune or highly resistant to them.

On what's in Wizardry 8: I HOPE it's more fairly balanced among races and characters. I think I was biased against faeries in Wiz 7 because Bradley (who's a faerie NUT) slanted the game so strongly in their favor; almost unfairly, I felt. However, I have a feeling that Faerie Ninjas will still be powerful, just not any more powerful than other Ninjas.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote