Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2003, 01:53 PM   #21
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

I have found these errors in the Application tab:-
Error 1:-
Open of service failed. (The source is the WMIAdapter)

Error 2:-
Unable to open Redirector service. Redirector performance data will not be returned. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0.

Error 3:-
Unable to open the server service. Server performance data will not be returned. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0.

The above errors came from the Source PerfNet

Error 4:-
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80040206.

The above error was the source VSS.

Error 5:-
The COM + Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043 from line 44 of d:\nt\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemmobj.c pp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error. (Yeah right!)

Most of those may be from Safe Mode as well, but see what you think. The above error is only mentioned once though, so I don't have high hopes...anyways, you guys can probably make more sense of this than I can...
Old 04-29-2003, 06:43 PM   #22
Brennihelvete

I have a therory that it might be your RAM. I had a similar problem running with a faulty RAM BRICK on Windows 98. It would crash and crash and crash and generate every error in the system. I had to format->reinstallwindows twice a day cuz at some point it wouldnt start at all because of drivers it didnt find. It was also locking up quite often but I got to run a program or two in the beginning but in the end it would freeze if I tryed to open one and I had to format---->reboot

Cant you borrow a brick from a friend or something?
Old 04-29-2003, 07:58 PM   #23
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:
I have found these errors in the Application tab:-
Error 1:-
Open of service failed. (The source is the WMIAdapter)

Error 2:-
Unable to open Redirector service. Redirector performance data will not be returned. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0.

Error 3:-
Unable to open the server service. Server performance data will not be returned. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0.

The above errors came from the Source PerfNet

Error 4:-
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80040206.

The above error was the source VSS.

Error 5:-
The COM + Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043 from line 44 of d:\nt\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemmobj.c pp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error. (Yeah right!)

Most of those may be from Safe Mode as well, but see what you think. The above error is only mentioned once though, so I don't have high hopes...anyways, you guys can probably make more sense of this than I can...
It sounds like a RAM issue. Damn, is the RAM in that other PC the same as this messed up PC? If so (AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE) try and swap them out. (Be careful removing them too).

Did you go into BIOS and turn OFF 'Quick Boot' mode? Make sure it's NOT on, this way, it'll run a ram check.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-29-2003, 08:00 PM   #24
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Slicer, I wouldn't format your system just yet. If it's a RAM issue, It won't matter. heck, Ram is cheap these days atleast [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-30-2003, 05:32 PM   #25
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

ARGH! I've already done it! NOOOOO!!

Like I said, I have formatted my hard drive, and its working now. Though if its a RAM problem, it should continue, right? But the format worked, so please tell me that means it ain't RAM...

I originally wanted to deeply thank everyone who contributed. I really appreciate it. The first thing I did was to add this site to my favourites! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]