Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2001, 04:55 AM   #1
mlrichman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I can see having a Rattkin as a rogue for the gold digger trait, but it would appear that for other professions, the Elven fast learner trait seems much better that the other racial traits. Am I wrong?
mlrichman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 07:20 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

In some sense.
Gold Digger is a useless trait. Another useless trait is Night Vision. (Works like a permanent Torchlight spell - but only for the Whiskah, the others will see nothing. Therefore, you will need Illuminate or Torchlight anyway.) Qick Learner is much more worthy. Another valuable trait is Dodge (pixie). If you rely on the offensive magic heavily then you appreciate Mana Seed (Omphaaz). If you are about to play a solo character then the Snakeskin Trait is good for nothing because your character can gain the Snakeskin Trait in the Serpent Temple (one character only - well you can reset adventures and repeat the temple, therefore, giving the trait to another character...).
Other base traits seem to be somewhere in between.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 08:23 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Yes, I'm a fan of the quick learner trait. Dodge is OK, but those pixies withe their poor hit points need it badly - "SPLAT - Aw bugger, zigged when I should have zagged - rebirth scroll anyone??"

Cheers
Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 04:06 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

Do not give up, Davros. HP will not be so bad - I suspect the game that "low HP" for a pixie is applied only during creation but after role change and leveling up, the pixie gets as many HP as any other class. You'll get the following picture: untouchable pixie with Parry +30 and higher, dodging both blows and spells and being hit only very seldom. I have played a solo pixie to the end of the game. I had to solve only one problem permanently - low carrying capacity.
Old 06-21-2001, 04:35 AM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hey my good friend from Boktor (ie Radek) - how are things with you? I had a pixie, and persisted with her all through my first game. As you say, apart from the carrying capacity there are no problems. I just pointed out that dodge is a necessity for early pixies, because the death rate would be very high without it.

------------------
Old 06-21-2001, 10:52 PM   #6
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I agree, Quick Learner is a very useful Trait to have, but I've found others to be useful. I beg to differ with Radek about the Gold Digger Trait. I'm currently on my second playthrough with a ratling for the first time and I'm finding many items now that I didn't find until Skull Castle Dragonspire or even Skull Castle. I agree with everything else he said though .

-Jafin

P.S. Radek, do you an affinity for rogues since you are a Drasnian? J/K
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 12:10 AM   #7
Rallek
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Radek, have you by chance seen my old friend Ambar? Ambar of Kotu I believe he called himself. Now that I've had a better look at you, the two of you could be brothers.....

[This message has been edited by Rallek (edited 06-22-2001).]
Rallek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 03:31 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

Sorry guys, I am nothing mentioned above. I am a normal adherent of good CRPGs, without internet history and without previous activity anywhere except one forum (not this one) and one game (not this one).
Old 06-22-2001, 03:40 AM   #9
Rallek
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Do you really expect us to believe that, Kheldar? We all know it's you, so you might as well call Barak over and we can all enjoy a drink.

OOC:> If you really have no idea what we're talking about, then congratulations on randomly selecting a name that is well known to a lot of fans of David Eddings.
Rallek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 05:47 AM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Soory, but it looks like I made the same mistake there Radek. My team leader in an RPG like Wizards and Warriors ususally gets named Kheldar, who is a mainstream David Eddings character. He is pretty adept at disguises, and two of his "alter ego's" are "Ambar of Kotu", and Radek of Boktor". Seeing as it is a pretty rare name (and a very popular series of books), I figured you had got it from there. So, you have me curious now - if you don't mind my asking, how did you select your nickname?

------------------