Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2001, 02:36 AM   #1
Matt359
Welcomed New User

I'd be curious to know how many of you beleive in or have witnessed the following?

1)UFOs -- Real extraterrestrial visitors, halucinations, hoaxes, secret military projects?
2)Sasquatch, yeti, or any other form of "bigfoot"
3)Ghosts
4)The Loch Ness Monster
5)Psychic Phenomena -- ESP, out of body experiences, prophecy, telekenesis, etc.
6)The Soul
7)God, or other form of creator/universal intelligence
Matt359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 03:23 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

I've never been witness to anything in that little list, but I have seen some elves once.
Not Santa's kind, nor the Tolkienesque RPG-style elves, but a few hazey women in white gowns dancing in a circle in field near my home.
And I wasn't under the influence of any legal or illegal substances either.

Spooky...
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 02:57 PM   #3
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

crap i tell you, its all CRAP!!!!! i did see a UFO with my brother once, but we were little, so it probably wasnt a UFO.

[img]graemlins/ninja.gif[/img]
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 04:29 PM   #4
Sorcerer Alex

I'd be curious to know how many of you beleive in or have witnessed the following?

1)UFOs -- Real extraterrestrial visitors, halucinations, hoaxes, secret military projects? Never witnessed anything. I do believe in extra-terrestrial life, but I find it very naive to think that they come down in flying saucers, too shy to say 'hello'.

2)Sasquatch, yeti, or any other form of "bigfoot"? I am sure there are a few species of undefined ape still around.

3)Ghosts? Once, about a year ago, I was on my scooter, driving home in the middle of the night, when I saw a huge, illuminated, shimmering horse. I got off my scooter to stop and look at it properly. It was about fifty yards away, and was very tall, its shoulders were about six foot high. I was transfixed by it, and stood watching for about fifteen seconds, before it suddenly ran off and promptly disappeared. This is the only paranormal experience I've ever had, and I'm a pretty down to earth guy, but this was a really a very strange experience.

4)The Loch Ness Monster? I don't believe in it.

5)Psychic Phenomena -- ESP, out of body experiences, prophecy, telekenesis, etc.? I believe it's possible to establish a weak link between people's minds, but I don't think things like ESP are really possible.

6)The Soul? Never really witnessed anything in this field, but I do believe in it.

7)God, or other form of creator/universal intelligence? I don't believe in God.
Old 12-13-2001, 06:03 PM   #5
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i believe in all of those except for Nessie, though i dont claim to see any of them. though i do believe that there is a ghost in my room right now...
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 05:10 AM   #6
Gazza
Banned User

1)UFOs -- Real extraterrestrial visitors, halucinations, hoaxes, secret military projects?
I believe that UFO's are both visitors from space and that the military also has access to these technologies.

I think they exist.

3)Ghosts
Believe it or not, when I was really young, about four or five, my aunty and I saw a ghost. And occasionally I get the feeling like someone's watching me.

4)The Loch Ness Monster
This one's a bit iffy. There have been so many sightings but when they combed the loch with sonar nothing was found.

5)Psychic Phenomena -- ESP, out of body experiences, prophecy, telekenesis, etc.
I believe in prophecy, all you have to do is read some of Nostradamus's predictions to see how accurate he was.

6)The Soul
Don't believe in it.

God is just something created by man so he can blame all his troubles on a higher power instead of taking responsibility for himself.
Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 06:19 AM   #7
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I used to live in the most haunted town in England, no really! Farnham has the most ghosts per square mile reported.

Translation - I live amongst morons.

For anyone interested in ghosts etc try listening to "Last Stop this Town" by the Eels. It is all about the lead singers sister dying and then coming back as a ghost for one last time. And it is all rather bizarrelly set to a very happy series of arpeggios.

"I'm gonna come on down then fly away, on my way..."
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 12:05 PM   #8
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
1) I do think there are other speicies of...things.

2)No, I dont belive there is a Big Foot.

3)Ghost, yes, I do belive in them, seen them exprinced them, they are there.

4)The Loch Ness monster, cant decide on that one. Can it really be a age old dinosouar living there? Or is it just a myth made up by drunken scots while out fishing

5)I dont know about this one either. Maybe there is a very slim pssiablaity that it can happen, but I dont know, I am leaning to the "No" side though..

6) Of course there is a soul.

7) Of course there is a God.
Old 12-14-2001, 05:43 PM   #9
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I beleive that there is intellegent life forms out there somewhere, they are smart enough to avoid humans.

I can just see a teenage alien come down here, put on some funny looking anteni and scare humans [img]smile.gif[/img]

Probably, possably a unidentified breed of ape.

3)Ghosts

No

4)The Loch Ness Monster

Possably

There is a chance that the mind has these skills.

6)The Soul

Doubt it

Hope not, considering what i have done.
Old 01-03-2002, 08:17 PM   #10
fable
Quintesson

I can foretell the future, and yes, I knew you wouldn't believe me.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote