Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2001, 07:11 AM   #1
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Hubby got me Icewind Dale last night! (yeah, yeah, I know you *all* probably already have it, beat it, put it away---don't rain on my happy parade [img]smile.gif[/img] ) Silly man knew I'd been looking for it, at it, drooled over it (loved the books). I was happy, happy to see it was marked *way* down (good frugal Scots blood and right before the annual shopping spree for the kids) --then he pulls out HoW and said I couldn't get it too!!!!! Mean, mean. Does this mean I get it for Christmas?

First thing I did when we got home was tell the boys in no uncertain terms that *I* got to play this one first--grubby paws off!!! Septfox and Agility are two upset guys right now
Old 11-26-2001, 11:43 AM   #2
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Congratulations to you Garnet! [img]smile.gif[/img] I also have IWD (and HOW) but I've put it aside as I'm playing BG2 at the moment. I hope you have a great time playing it though!
Oh and if you do get HOW be sure to download the Trials Of The Luremaster Expansion for the game. (I think it needs HOW but I'm not sure)

Have fun with it!!
Old 11-26-2001, 11:52 AM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Congrats Falcondance, I spent many a long and difficult night hearing the timeless message that became my mantra, "AAAAAAARRRRRRGH, why didn't I save, my last autosave was nearly an hour ago"
Old 11-26-2001, 11:53 AM   #4
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Congratulations, Garnet.

I just purchased a copy of IWD off eBay this weekend myself. I'm still working on my first trip through BGII, so I probably won't even load it yet, but IWD caught my eye before Baldur's Gate in the store.

I am also a BIG fan of Salvatore's books. I actually had some personal correspondence with him WAAAAAY back when he first wrote IWD (I still have a couple of the letters he wrote me). Then I quit reading his books and he became mega-famous.

Check out my post in this forum under R.A. Salvatore Fans for an exciting possibility concerning his books.

Enjoy your game. I'll probably see you on the IWD forum before long.