Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2001, 01:30 PM   #1
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Another virus is about on MSN Messenger!!! Its called choke.exe.

when sum1 sent it to me the choke thing came up, and the 100's of winking faces came up. And at the bottom it said "georgeW.bush@washington.gov is typing a message" came up! I dont know what the virus does! But lets not take no chances!

Plz report any other messages on this board! Ta!

------------------
One Day, When The Nine Hells Are Full, The Damned Shall Walk The Earth, And I Shall Conquer

"I'm sorry I called you Cannonball Head. I meant to call you Chrome Dome"
Old 06-21-2001, 12:55 AM   #2
Pain-Wrath
Banned User

Thanks alot, I'll have to look out for that. And I'll be on the lookout for many other viruses also.
Old 06-21-2001, 05:51 AM   #3
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Dammit another one?? Oh well at least they dont seem to be too damaging so far

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 06-21-2001, 01:59 PM   #4
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Yea, I know! But, ive found another version of the same virus! sum times instead of sayin' Choke.exe.. it san say killingpresidentbush.exe!

BTW, I like your new sig pic with u and caleb!

------------------
One Day, When The Nine Hells Are Full, The Damned Shall Walk The Earth, And I Shall Conquer

"I'm sorry I called you Cannonball Head. I meant to call you Chrome Dome"
Old 06-21-2001, 03:39 PM   #5
jabidas
Silver Dragon

I got a virus disguising itself as an mp3 before, when I tried to play it it said ''Hi this is Satan and Im about to destroy your hardrive please hold''. I nearly had a heart attack and switched off the computer at the mains.

------------------
Old 06-21-2001, 03:49 PM   #6
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
I got a virus disguising itself as an mp3 before, when I tried to play it it said ''Hi this is Satan and Im about to destroy your hardrive please hold''. I nearly had a heart attack and switched off the computer at the mains.

, MP3's cannot carry a virus. only EXE, COM, VBS, SCR and a few others.. MP3 and image files are ok, someone was just messing with you...

Old 06-21-2001, 03:50 PM   #7
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Beware of companies that disguise themselves! I got a "seemingly" normal email from MICROSOFT.COM with this attachment.

Someone had sent it to me under the disguise from a bogus email creator.

The file was 'fastupgrade.exe' and I opened it to find that it had slowed down my PC to a complete halt and the blue screen of death came up saying - "Your Drive Is Dead...HAHAHA", : I just quickly grabbed the plug and yanked it out.

Beware: even the most tempting of emails should be checked up upon, usually there will be news on their main website.

I will also look out for these other evils.

------------------
Old 06-21-2001, 03:55 PM   #8
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

, MP3's cannot carry a virus. only EXE, COM, VBS, SCR and a few others.. MP3 and image files are ok, someone was just messing with you...

Ziroc - do you know whether 'renaming' an .EXE file, or .SCR to .MP3 will give the virus the disguise of being MP3 rather than the usual filename?

------------------
Old 06-21-2001, 04:10 PM   #9
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Maybe it was just a joke but it scared the hell out of me especially when I saw where it was on the hardisk with some weird stuff at the end instead of .mp3

------------------
Old 06-21-2001, 06:20 PM   #10
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Another virus is about on MSN Messenger!!! Its called choke.exe.

when sum1 sent it to me the choke thing came up, and the 100's of winking faces came up. And at the bottom it said "georgeW.bush@washington.gov is typing a message" came up! I dont know what the virus does! But lets not take no chances!

Plz report any other messages on this board! Ta!

Ok. Considering I half-own the pc you use,if you ever except another .exe file I will break your legs ok? The last one you accepted caused that shitty shortcut thing.

So dont ok?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lavindathar (edited 06-21-2001).]