Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2001, 08:14 PM   #1
gatemaster
Welcomed New User

I s it possible to remove the patch? Or is it possible to copy save files and reload? I have one save file right before becoming an assassin and would really like to have more than one assassin since the other elite roles can not be had untill later in the game. I have 2 ninja's and a monk who are wanting to be assassins. also if the monk changes will it affect her ability to learn the heal and vine spells. Thanks
gatemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 12:06 AM   #2
Moni

You can save your saved games (and, some say, the file roster.dat) to some other folder away from your game and uninstall it and then re-install it without installing the patch, restore your saved games, and have it work that way.
I know because I did it near the end of my game when I had to reformat my hard drive and the saved games worked fine.

Moni
Old 07-25-2001, 12:09 AM   #3
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

To remove the patch, you need to have backed-up the appropriate files before you installed the patch. If you didn't, just reinstall the game and it will be unpatched. Just back-up your save games to be safe but they should be OK.

Good luck.

Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 12:12 AM   #4
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I believe that you can make copies of the files that the patch replaces and then install the patch so that you can just copy those files back in case you want to remove the patch. If you didn't do that then yes, you CAN copy your save files into a different folder and then reinstall but if you use the uninstall option it'll leave your save files intact.

As for learning the spells, becoming an assassin would affect your ability to learn spirit spells. You should already learn your vine spells at half of the normal level. When you change roles you can still learn spells from previous roles, but at half the normal level. Example: Joe was a priest with level 5 Vinecraft and level 6 spirit. He changes into a monk which still allows him to learn spirit magic at normal level because spirit is a spellbook normally learned by monks. Vinecraft however isn't, thus it is learned at a level equal to one half of his vinecraft skill so you divide 5(which is his vinecraft skill level) by 2 which equals 2.5 which is always rounded down. I hope that didn't confuse you .

So changing to an assassin will affect your spirit magic from what it currently is but since Vine is already learned at half of its current level so that'll stay the same. I would recommend learning Rebirth before changing to an assassin unless you already have someone else learning spirit magic since you'll never be able to learn level 7 spells, only up to level six (skills can only go up to level 12 and half of 12 would be 6).

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2001, 09:58 AM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Yes and the files to backup are
- Gmdata.pak
- ttoada.l2n
- ttoada.nvs
- D6item.dat
- deep6.exe

if you like me never checks the files contained in a winzip archive