Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2002, 08:34 AM   #21
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I got the traditional pink slippers ::sigh::

A cotton candy machine (wanted one since I was a little kid---I *love* cotton candy

The real biggie, tho, was a *really* nice stereo system from Budha. Ours was ancient and you had to jiggle the volume button since there was a short in the system somewhere which precluded you getting stereo sound. Now I can crank the volume and listen to my new Ultimate Aerosmith cds in style!!!

(And lots of other neat stuff, too)

Budha received the biggest, baddest Dremel with attachments I could find and was pleased as punch. (and lots of other really neat stuff)

The kids got coal and sardines (and lots of other really neat stuff, too)
Old 12-27-2002, 10:05 AM   #22
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Did the kids get sardines in tomato or mustard sauce?
Old 12-27-2002, 10:14 AM   #23
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Oil. It's a new family tradition: sardines in the stocking . Actually, we were at the store doing last minute shopping (can anyone commiserate with me---hubby sent me with *three* teenagers to do Christmas shopping! The horror!) and one spied the sardines as I was picking up some tuna. Up went the clammor and I teasingly told them if they didn't shush, they were getting cans of sardines in their stockings. The thought was so funny and outrageous, we all stood there giggling like a pack of mad hyenas---and then the amusement started all over again at the sight of Budha's face Christmas morning when they pulled sardines out! Oh my. What fun!
Old 12-27-2002, 10:32 AM   #24
Bristowe
Elminster

I got exactly what i wanted for xmas! CASH ! yay lol
which i used to get sweet new duds, i am so happy...
Old 12-27-2002, 10:52 AM   #25
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I got a DVD player (a few weeks early ) and some nice CD's to go with (X-men, Spiderman, Star Wars: Episode II). The DVD I actually got under the tree was Highlander: The Immortal Edition It includes a CD with video footage of Queen performing some of the songs from the movie.

I also got a new CRPG called "Hero: X" which allows you to create your own superhero. It's kinda cheesy and the "dialogue screens" are done in comic-book format...but it's fun so far.

My wife got a very nice ring, a gift box of Elizabeth Taylor perfumes, and other misc. stuff.

The boys got half the stuff on Santa's sled.....AND ONE OF HIS BOOTS!!!!!

I bought a pair of large rubber boots a couple of months ago and had one "stuck" between the glass doors of our firescreen. Now we have to save it until next year and see if Santa will pick it up when he comes back.
Old 12-27-2002, 11:07 AM   #26
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

I think my family regrets their choices in presents... [img]tongue.gif[/img] I told them just to give me money! I would have happily thrown that around!
Let's see... I got...

1. Scooby Doo DVD ( I've been walking around chuckling like Scooby for the past two days. Reeheeheeheehee!)

2. A shiny ATM skateboard ( [img]smile.gif[/img] Fits like a glove. Unfortunately I've already gotten yelled at numerous times for riding it in the house. On one occasion I was doing a manual in the kitchen on the wood floor... The board slipped out from under me and hit the open dishwasher, which made a VERY loud noise...)

3. 5 CDs (Which I play so loud the neighbors can hear it clearly. I got Bad Religion - The Process Of Belief, Godsmack - Awake, Guttermouth - Covered With Ants, and 2 Everclear - Learning How To Smile and Good Time For A Bad Attitude.)

4. The Book of the Planes ( As if my campaigns weren't mean enough...)
Old 12-27-2002, 12:40 PM   #27
Epona
Zartan

A DVD player from my parents (woohoo!) and it's multiregion (well it was once I'd used the 'hack' for that model ) which is a bonus, I can order whatever DVDs I like off the internet and not have to worry about whether they'll play.

A Roman brooch from my bloke, he had a new pin put on it so I can wear it [img]smile.gif[/img]

A book token from my bro, am going shopping tomorrow [img]smile.gif[/img]