Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 08:05 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I think it's only a month away now, bet it's gonna be just a huge trial and we will all be hearing about it on the news, probably daily.

Ugg, here is what the prosecution has gathered re their case. Beware, it's long, and reading it may make you want to barf.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/010605jackson.html

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 08:25 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, Michael is white now, that should give him a slight advantage.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:41 AM   #3
Sythe
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Well, Michael is white now, that should give him a slight advantage.
LOL!!!
Old 01-08-2005, 02:11 PM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Hm.. How reputable is that site?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 03:41 PM   #5
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

It does appear to have a certain...agenda to it.

My gut feeling is that Michael is actually so naive that it really would be possible for him to have a sleepover without necessarily making it into a sexual event. I tend to believe that he just didn't think about what it would look like to others or how incriminating it might seem.

Also, Michael Jackson trials make the front pages in the US, so there is practically no way that the parents couldn't have known about the trial 10 years ago - even if Michael was cleared, what responsible parent would ever risk their child being alone with him? I believe he is innocent, but I would make damn sure my kids never went near him just to be on the safe side. The fact his parents had no problems smells of a money-making scam to me. The documentary showing the boy clearly adoring Michael also is somewhat at odds with the story emerging from the prosecution.

Of course, the evidence gathered by the site appears to be fairly damning. I would, however, dismiss the sister's testimony as hearsay instantly and the site makes a suspicious number of references to 'sealed evidence' (which begs the question how they got hold of it) which makes me doubt their authenticity.

[ 01-08-2005, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 07:24 PM   #6
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by shamrock_uk:

Also, Michael Jackson trials make the front pages in the US, so there is practically no way that the parents couldn't have known about the trial 10 years ago - even if Michael was cleared, what responsible parent would ever risk their child being alone with him? I believe he is innocent, but I would make damn sure my kids never went near him just to be on the safe side. The fact his parents had no problems smells of a money-making scam to me. The documentary showing the boy clearly adoring Michael also is somewhat at odds with the story emerging from the prosecution.

This pretty much sums up what I think about the whole thing.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:25 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
It's from Court TV, a reputable site. I do agree re the parents, you gotta wonder about them. I don't really want to comment much about it yet, as I just want to see how the trial goes, the evidence the prosecution presents exactly, the witnesses on the stand, etc. Not sure if they are going to show the trial live on Court TV or not (some trials they just don't let cameras in). I'm sure though Court TV and tons of other news stations will be covering every inch of it though, get ready for the circus LOL!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:31 PM   #8
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Hmm...it looks like there's a chance the media will be barred if the defence have their way:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...ic/4157601.stm
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:22 AM   #9
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
It's from Court TV, a reputable site. I do agree re the parents, you gotta wonder about them. I don't really want to comment much about it yet, as I just want to see how the trial goes, the evidence the prosecution presents exactly, the witnesses on the stand, etc. Not sure if they are going to show the trial live on Court TV or not (some trials they just don't let cameras in). I'm sure though Court TV and tons of other news stations will be covering every inch of it though, get ready for the circus LOL! [/QUOTE]I didn't read the link in the opening post, but LadyZ is correct about CourtTV being a reputable source. They show some cases live on TV and present stories about other famous trials and their outcomes - but the content is always based on the factual evidence presented in the case.

I would rank CourtTV with Snopes and Smoking Gun as far as reputability goes.

To understand HOW a parent could possibly let their child have a sleepover at MJ's house unsupervised, you have to understand the mindset of people who live in that area of California. Image and appearance is VERY important to a lot of the people that live there - and being included on Michael Jackson's guestlist at Neverland is one of the highest levels of social status a non-celebrity person can achieve. Sadly, this "image" and social status is FAR more important to some people than looking at the evidence against MJ objectively.

I used to LOVE Michael Jackson and his music. I remember when he was the literal "King of Pop" in the early 80's. But I wouldn't let him with 100 feet of my boys because I realize just how mentally unstable and dangerous he has become.

He is not naive' at all. He is very shrewd and calculating. The entire "innocent, naive' victim image" is one he has carefully cultivated and presented to the public. In many ways, he is an even more dangerous child predator than your "average" sex offender. Most of those guys just don't see anything wrong with what they are doing (much like MJ). However, they don't have the determination and financial means to cultivate this sweet, innocent persona that Michael Jackson puts forward. They more or less admit to what they are while Michael Jackson continues to deny it at every turn - knowing that many people will always believe his innocence because of his celebrity status.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:47 AM   #10
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
I think it's only a month away now, bet it's gonna be just a huge trial and we will all be hearing about it on the news, probably daily.

Ugg, here is what the prosecution has gathered re their case. Beware, it's long, and reading it may make you want to barf.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/010605jackson.html
If he's guilty can he get the death sentence?

Personally, thats what I think he deserves.

If he's innocent he has nothing to worry about.

I doubt he's innocent.
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote