Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2003, 12:10 PM   #1
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

we need it for everday life to see when the bus arives to see when its time to get to work we are dependent on time to make the day work have you tought of that? try not to have a watch or look at a watch for 1 week you get crazy ( i do at least i forgot what day it was...) anyway what i wanted to say is that i think i would like it if we dumped the idea of time it just stress people i get stressed, you now for example you wake up one morning take a shower start to eat your breakfast and then you realise that in 10 minutes you need to be at work and you havent even started brushing you teeth ;P time stress people...
someone need to invent a system where you dont need to keep track at the time so people would feel more comfortable and still work as much as they used to [img]smile.gif[/img]

this is just a tought i got in my silly mind if ya dont like it please dont complain at me im just a 14 year old stupid little Colombian called Cristian without H [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 12:13 PM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

Life without time would be chaos, as humans we have a concept of time but animals don't. A dog doesn't know how long its been sitting outside the front door for example, our society couldn't survive without time because we've based our lifestyles around it. The modern world depends on it as much as air and melons.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:15 PM   #3
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

ok u made a point but Melons?
Old 06-09-2003, 12:18 PM   #4
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Life without time would be chaos, as humans we have a concept of time but animals don't. A dog doesn't know how long its been sitting outside the front door for example, our society couldn't survive without time because we've based our lifestyles around it. The modern world depends on it as much as air and melons.
No, life without time would be like living in Hawai'i. Life on island time is the best

Also I beg to differ that animals have no concept of time. My cat certainly acts different when I return from being gone for more then a day (she get very upset!).
Old 06-09-2003, 12:20 PM   #5
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
LOL! Melons, eh? How are the new ones Stormymystic gave you doing?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:24 PM   #6
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
ok u made a point but Melons?
What are you trying to say?
O_o

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rokenn:
No, life without time would be like living in Hawai'i. Life on island time is the best

Also I beg to differ that animals have no concept of time. My cat certainly acts different when I return from being gone for more then a day (she get very upset!).
[QUOTE]

I'm saying it would be impossible for our sophisticated society to function, imagine airports without schedules...how are we supposed to get to those islands with all the air traffic huh

Thats what I first thought about too when I heard that animals have no sense of tiem. I presume that they can tell when say a night passes or when a long period of time has passed.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:26 PM   #7
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

If we didn't have a concept of time would we ever get older?

Hehehe thats gotta confuse somebody...
Old 06-09-2003, 12:30 PM   #8
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
quote:
LOL! Melons, eh? How are the new ones Stormymystic gave you doing? [/QUOTE]Oh those lil' fellas, they're doin' fine. I'm getting them to plough the farm, you know how it is. If you don't teach the pips whos boss when they're a kid they'll grow up in yo' face, no' what I is saying?

They're good eggs though [img]smile.gif[/img] You want one, they're well behaved and house trained.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:33 PM   #9
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:

They're good eggs though [img]smile.gif[/img] You want one, they're well behaved and house trained.
Weren't they melons a paragraph ago?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:37 PM   #10
Sigmar
Unicorn

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
quote:

Weren't they melons a paragraph ago? [/QUOTE]Well I was hoping you'd fall for the old "I give you a half a dozen eggs painted green with yellow stripes in return for money* trick. You're quick I'll give you that