Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2004, 09:21 PM   #1
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all,

I just wanted to stop in and say hi.

I have been reading this forum for a while now and thought I would post a little something.

I have been playing Wizardry 8 now for a couple of weeks (when I get the chance)
and I am enjoying it a whole lot.

I wanted to express how I felt about the Terror Spell being cast at me from someone far away.

WOW!! I was waiting for the creature to cast another sleep spell at me and BLAM... out comes this screaming scull looking thing right at the screen.

I actually jumped a little out of my chair. That was great! I love this kind of spell animation. It not only scares my char but it put a little scare in me.

Does anyone else have any spell type animations or anything related to share?
Please post them, as I would love to hear about them.

Well, have fun [img]smile.gif[/img]

Pystal
Old 03-10-2004, 09:54 PM   #2
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Welcome to W8 Ironworks site!
There are some cool animations, I like the Tsunami spell. There are others worth noting. This game has some bizarre critters in it as well, I like the mites, picuses and swallowers.
(BTW, looking at your blurb, at work we used to play DigDug every day at lunch until the boss put his foot down)
Old 03-11-2004, 01:21 AM   #3
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome to IW, Pystal.

I like Armormelt, Fireball and Tsunami, especially together with the sound. My favorite "bad guys" are Rattkins, followed by Golems and Bats.

P.S. Each time I see a Trynnie, I have the strange feeling that I must offer him a carrot or salad .

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 01:25 AM   #4
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

i wish i could turn the spell anims off. They make combat much slower and once you've seen them a few dozen times...
My fave for sound, though, is Whipping Rocks, especially if the enemies are at various distances. And for vid, it's a toss-up between Insanity cast at me and Banish when i cast it. (smart mobs--they never bother trying Banish against us...)
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 07:19 AM   #5
Kylospylon
The Magister

Welcome to Ironworks Pystal.

My fave spell animations (not directed at me) are Crush and Ego Whip. The sight of a huge boulder shaking itself loose preparing to drop on a savant trooper's head still amuses me, no matter how many times I do it. The whip-cracking sound of the Ego Whip just makes me wanna shout "Yee ha ya little doggie!". I'm okay, really. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-11-2004, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: Kylospylon ]
Kylospylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:47 PM   #6
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all.

I am happy to see that the spells will continue to thrill me at later levels. I don't have some or most of the spells that you all mention... yet. [img]smile.gif[/img]

This game is definatly entertaining.

As for my favorite game of all time, Dig Dug is a GREAT game and one of my favorites. It is just too hard to pick one. So for my profile I went with a fun game that I used to play for weeks at a time. I have to get that joystick that they sell which contains several games on it.

I still have my old cartridge for Dig Dug. I guess I could always download an emulater for it, but I don't know if it is legal to do so. Instead I just play and replay all of my old and new working games.

I was just playing Divine Divinity and I needed a break from it so I went to the store and searched around for something that might help me to get away from DD for a while. That is when I came accross Wizardry 8. I am glad I picked it up. It kind of reminds me of Wizards and Warriors. I liked that game alot but I can't play it on Windows XP.

Anyway, I am loving this game and I can't wait to see some of these creatures and spells that you all have encountered. Btw, Arnika Road was rough. I was low lvl and there were like 3 of those Acid Vines, 5 of those other type of Vines, and 5 Higardi thief type somethings(not the easy ones). I had to finaly reload and sleep till they went away. I was able to find the groups seperately, and finish them off. What fun!

Now that I am a little higher in lvl and have aquired Myles and Vi, it is a lot more fun to engage with two or three groups of creatures. At least for right now hehe.

Keep the things comming. I am at work and love to hear new and old experiances with this world of Dominus.

Have fun above all things,

Pystal
Old 03-11-2004, 10:40 PM   #7
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I got another one for ya.

I really do not like the sound of the spell X-Ray. I had my speakers turned up and WAMMO!! When that spell was cas, my ears started to blead. I wish they had a way to turn down the volume on certain spells.

If I turn the sound effects down to a tolarable lvl for X-Ray, all of the other spells etc are too low. Its a catch 22. Now I end up turning the speakers down before I cast it. Thank god I raised the spell lvl. Now I don't have to cast it as often hehe.

Cheers [img]smile.gif[/img]

Pystal
Old 03-11-2004, 10:42 PM   #8
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh, btw, thanks for the welcom to this forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You all seem like great people.

Have fun,

Pystal
Old 03-12-2004, 03:39 AM   #9
ScottG
Drow Warrior

yup, whipping rocks up close scares the $#%%# outa-me. Fav sound in general is RFS's speach.

and welcome!
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote