Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2001, 10:06 AM   #21
Merack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As ever ones said the only way past these things is to hit them with range spells, flame strike or flame drop being the best. They are quite thick and you can het them to try and follow you thro small gaps, thru which they can't fit and then sit at a distance and blatt them. There are a few places in the trees that you can get them stuck.

Don't however, when you get to the Boogerie pit think it would be a good idea to lock you self in the room with Grunaxe's ghost so you can blatt them tru the gate as you can't get back out.

There are some instruments that fire fire so you could try sonic attack

Merack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 07:25 AM   #22
Kulko
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think the whole discussion that they are way to hard, misses the point that this whole encounter is probably set up to prevent you from going to soon to the castle. And after you finished the temple they are a lot easier.

BTW if you deal with them right you don't need more than a flamestrike.
Just cast flamestrike retreat a few spaces and cast again. When you run out of mana, just run back to the city, and back. With this tactic you are able to take them out at quite a low level.

Ciao
Kulko

Kulko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 01:27 PM   #23
Khemphill
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OMG! You guys aren't kidding with these things...first time I ran into them I had no idea what was attacking me before I was all dead But this time I managed to get them stuck in the trees so they couldn't get to me unless I got too close...just waxed them all as I'd sit and wait for my mana to come back... with Meteor and dragons breath. But the only question I have is...how many of them are there and do they come back?

Karen
Khemphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 03:50 PM   #24
catzenpewters
Manshoon

I ran into three of them I believe between Ishad N'ha and Shurugeon. I never did see them come back, but you do encounter them in other parts of the game as well.
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 06:31 AM   #25
Radek
Red Dragon

Mantraps are another example of the strength of the Merlin's Shield spell. NO DAMAGE! when you cast Merlin's Shield. No poisoning, no paralysis, nothing... One Firestorm puts an end to that ugly plant nearby. So much for the Mantrap. They are ridiculous. I was attacked by all four of them at once nad I lost 0 HP during the encounter.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 07:38 PM   #26
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

For those who asked, yes there are a few more Mantrap Lilies around. Specifically, in the Booger caves after you insert the eye and the floor opens up - and may be a few wandering around the islands around Brimlock Roon. Just remember to save often and you'll be alright. It is a nice challenge, they don't scare like the first encounter. . . have fun!

Hope I didn't spoil anything.

Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote