Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2003, 03:56 PM   #31
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Mojo:
quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:
quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:
Yes, but anyone who's ever worked on any project can tell you, plans change as variables change.
But like I said, God doesn't change His plan. [img]smile.gif[/img] He says so in the Bible, and He has planned everything that has happened so far. He didn't change any of it, He kept things as they were. You'll probably say I am assuming again, so I will probably give up. But everything I've said, about magic, Satan and God, remains firm. [/QUOTE]Surely He can change His plan if he wants....who's going to stop him?

Also, if God really is omnipotent, He can control time as well, which means He really could be making it up as He goes along.....

No offence intended....
[/QUOTE]LOL, none taken.

I guess you culd be right, but He said He wouldn't change it. [img]smile.gif[/img] He has a plan for every individual, and that all contributes to His master plan of saving the world. Woops, a little too cliche...
Old 05-06-2003, 03:56 PM   #32
Zero Alpha

Quote:
We will only know when we die, when we are no longer resctricted by our flesh and blood brain. We have limits to our understanding during life...maybe after life, everything becomes clearer
(My Opinion) You just assumed a whole lot. so far as i can see we dont even know if we still exist after we die. have you died permanantly recently? i beleve that we cannot possibly hope to understand everything, but making assumptions about things no person can know about seems a little short sighted.

but to me magic is states of the universe we do not yet understand / cannot understand. its like a debate about time travel. if someone came from the future in a time machine is it magic? we cannot possibly understand how or why it works, but obviously is will simply be technology of a later time. what if someone now levitates things? (i dont beleve that they can though). were they to manage it, how do we know they havent just discovered the bases for antigrav?

(/My Opinion)

[ 05-06-2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Zero Alpha ]
Old 05-06-2003, 05:50 PM   #33
Stratos
Vampire

Everything is "Super-natural" until we explain it, then it becomes "Natural". It doesn´t change though, just our point of view of it. Lightning is still lightning no matter if it comes from the gods or can be explain with science.

As for the matter if "magic" comes from God or Satan, by question us this we assume that this is the only way, it is either this way or the other. God or Satan. But this is only ONE religion, there have been innumerable religions before Christianity and there are still many of them left, so what say that this is the only truth. Many religions throughout history have considered magic as something good or at least neutral in it self like science.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:56 PM   #34
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:
quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:
Yes, but anyone who's ever worked on any project can tell you, plans change as variables change.
But like I said, God doesn't change His plan. [img]smile.gif[/img] He says so in the Bible, and He has planned everything that has happened so far. He didn't change any of it, He kept things as they were. You'll probably say I am assuming again, so I will probably give up. But everything I've said, about magic, Satan and God, remains firm. [/QUOTE]so if he already knows we are going to hell, no matter how we try to change, it is his plan so it is useless
Old 05-06-2003, 06:23 PM   #35
Charlie
Lord Ao

I believe there are things we've lost. These things could be termed magical I guess. To be honest I don't have the typing patience to say precisely what I mean. I think our simplicity has given way to our intelligence, or vice versa, I'm no longer sure.

I know that nature produces and physically shows me things that are truly magical, none of which my mind could ever dream up. There are just so many magical things that we don't see as magical because we now deem them every day.

I have a headache and I'm waffling. There is so much magic out there, if we only choose to see it and accept it as such.

And then there is what we may term "real magic"! I honestly think it's all the same, some we remember and some we don't.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 05-06-2003, 07:57 PM   #36
ocelot
Dungeon Master

Well, I'm kinda shy about these type of threads but someone once told me what you can't see is what is real and everlasting and what you can see is only temporary. Seers, false profets, and fortune tellers .. sooth sayers, undead talkers in the RPG forums are considered neutral in alighnment so they better be telling the whole truth and nothing but, so help the Player Characters

Be prepared for an emergency at all times and follow your heart then do the complete opposite.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:28 PM   #37
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

ok do not laugh, because this is true...someone told me that what i have is not magic...it is called seer...or a prophet because i see things that will happen sometimes, and only sometimes, i do not try to know, but if i do try, sometimes i know your name before you tell me, if i meet you face to face
Old 05-07-2003, 06:53 AM   #38
Donut
Jack Burton

Isn't Yuri Geller bending spoons magic?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-07-2003, 06:59 AM   #39
Melusine
Dracolisk

Donut, continue like that and I'm going to have to ask you to marry me again. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 07:58 AM   #40
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
ok do not laugh, because this is true...someone told me that what i have is not magic...it is called seer...or a prophet because i see things that will happen sometimes, and only sometimes, i do not try to know, but if i do try, sometimes i know your name before you tell me, if i meet you face to face
I wouldn't laugh. I totally believe in things like that. I have the same thing, only I can't control it, and it's not always accurate. But, everytime a close family member or friend has died, I've known that someone was going to die for at least a day before (never know who, just "someone"). Same thing happens sometimes with national events (not 9/11), but I won't say what on hear just because you don't know where people are from and I don't want to upset anyone.
Gotta say, this is a great discussion. On any other board, people would have been flaming eachother by now, but here everyone seems to be very respectful of eachother's opinions (not that I'm surprised given what I've seen elsewhere).