Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 03:22 PM   #11
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Diablo is nothing like final fantasy, it's more like the old Zelda on the nes.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:11 PM   #12
The Fallen One
Elminster

Hmmm..Im sure baldur's Gate II is LAN enabled [img]redface.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2005, 07:58 PM   #13
The Kiwi
The Magister

For all I know, the Zelda title probably predates any of my grandkids' interest in electronic console games. It happens that I personally have never had any such interest, and my own kids missed getting into it in any previous (as in Atari 2600) incarnation, so I have no idea what it might have been.

Summary so far:

BG-II
Diablo-II
Homeworld II
KOTOR-I
IWD-II
Mech Commander II
NWN
Sacred
Starcraft
System Shock II
Warcraft

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen One:
Hmmm..I'm sure Baldur's Gate II is LAN enabled [img]redface.gif[/img]
If the control system is an improvement over whatever turned me off about BG-I, that might be a possibility. Incidentally, just today, I have examined the current packaging for various ones on the retailers' shelves now in the "Age of .. " game series, and the only "net" I saw described as enabled was the Internet, as opposed to "Local Access Net" (which *is* the meaning of the acronym "LAN").

However, other games on some shelves, including in the bargain bins, that did show LAN capabilities, but I have little recollection of how well they were received -- Homeworld II, Mech Commander II, and Sacred. Doozies, Duds, or merely also-rans? Did someone here mention System Shock? I do remember that System Shock was reviewed favorably, both I & II, and II is supposed to be playable on a LAN. I don't know if a gamer can still buy that one away from eBay, though.

[ 02-25-2005, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: The Kiwi ]

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote