Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2001, 01:42 PM   #71
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Good luck now with all these oil shortages there is no way the US will let go of texas

LOL true, true... That's actually one of the reasons that Texas talks about leaving...

It'll never happen, though...

------------------
Old 06-07-2001, 02:12 PM   #72
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Cool!

I just got home from work and seem to have missed about 60 posts (took me ages to catch up). Good to know that the "Americans" are too busy fighting amongst themselves. Also good to know that everyone seems to be keeping in the right spirit!

And re:cricket - 1 day matches don't count. There's just that little matter of the ashes coming up.

Why do "Americans" (especially Texans) have to do things bigger and "better"?
Tea should only be served in dainty little china cups (and NEVER cold).

Old 06-07-2001, 02:16 PM   #73
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

And another thing -

[1 wicket gone and, hey, I'm now Dungeon Master]

I'm not just English. I think one of my relatives 5 or 6 generations ago was Scottish and going back another half-dozen there must be some French in me - ugh

Keep it up everybody.

Old 06-07-2001, 02:27 PM   #74
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Good luck now with all these oil shortages there is no way the US will let go of texas

LOL true, true... That's actually one of the reasons that Texas talks about leaving...

It'll never happen, though...

It IS written into our constitution (Texas), though! Texas actually was never officially ratified as a state, so it's a moot point anyway.

Old 06-07-2001, 02:33 PM   #75
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Why are the english so bitter about america entering WW2 late your lucky we entered at all it had little to do with us we could trade with germans just as much as british "stupid yanks ya didnt help us out earlier WAAAAAA WAAAAAA CALL THE WAMBULANCE "

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 06-07-2001, 02:46 PM   #76
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Heritage? Let's see, my mom's mom is 100% Finnish and her father was 1/2 German and 1/2 Irish....So that makes my mom 1/2 Finnish, 1/4 German, 1/4 Irish

My dad's mom is 1/2 Scottish and 1/2 German, and his dad is 1/8 Indian (don't know the tribe), 1/8 French, 1/8 Scottish, 1/8 Irish and 1/2 German, so that makes my dad 1/16 Indian, 5/16 Scottish, 1/2 German, 1/16 French, and 1/16 Irish

So that makes me 1/4 Finnish, 3/8 German, 5/32 Irish, 5/32 Scottish, 1/32 Indian, and 1/32 French

So can I call my self a FinGerIrScotIndiFrencican?

------------------

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect from alphabet soup?
Old 06-07-2001, 03:47 PM   #77
Conan

Antoius, in my opinon, its a spirited kind of attitude that would cause someone to say that they are American. People of all races and creeds live in North America as you have heard here. I,m 3/4's German and 1/4 Irish . So lets see..Germish would be a good one for me!

I have a question for you. We have our cultural differences no doubt, but all in all people of all races here seem to embrace the title "American" . I am confused, at what I perceive, is very much different in your country. All of the people seem to be less likely to call themselve's English even thow they were born and raised in your country? Help me to understand. I am savy to what happened in OldHam not to long ago and wonder what the divide is all about?

------------------

Old 06-07-2001, 03:54 PM   #78
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Leagle:
You wouldn't like it if you lost California.
You can have California.

Hey I have an idea, lets all put on red jackets and march around while farmers shoot us from the woods.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-07-2001, 03:57 PM   #79
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:

Hey now everyone. I can feel the love here. Us Californians aren't that bad! I swear. So we do have some driving issues.

On a side note, I read that if California were to split from the United States, It would be the 2nd most powerful country in the world militarily, and the 3rd largest economy in the world? You guys still want to step up??

How did this turn from yankee bashing to Californian bashing! I need some Californian back-up here. If you are Californian and you see this, help me defend our state from these foreign (and domestic) opressors!

You are assuming the military folk would stay with CA.

ROFL!

That's a good one!

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-07-2001, 04:11 PM   #80
Moni

Moridin,
"So can I call my self a FinGerIrScotIndiFrencican?"
LMAO! Sure!

Conan, Germish! LOL! Too Funny!

I forgot there is also some French in my blood...I always forget the french! The African was a French/African. Man o man LOL

So I'm um, Irish Scottish, Welsh, German, English, French, African, Apache

a Scotirewelgelishfrafripachican?

Well it is pronouncable!

Moni

------------------