Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 02:02 PM   #61
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Yes the combined name account has been a tradition since we started meeting one another in person. Those who post while meeting, at any rate! It's by no means required, though!

I've wondered what the heck my 'dual' name is gonna look like when I've met a few members.. LOL Anyway that is used when the members are posting from the same place and has been lots of fun (never used for any bad purpose).

Cloudy
Cloudkaz? Kazoud? Or Neb+Kaz= Nez? Kab?

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-25-2001, 02:03 PM   #62
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Yes the combined name account has been a tradition since we started meeting one another in person. Those who post while meeting, at any rate! It's by no means required, though!

I've wondered what the heck my 'dual' name is gonna look like when I've met a few members.. LOL Anyway that is used when the members are posting from the same place and has been lots of fun (never used for any bad purpose).

Cloudy
Well, then...next June you'll be seeing MANY new accounts (hopefully) from me as I intend to meet as many IW members as possible when I go to Europe.

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-25-2001, 02:04 PM   #63
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Do you really have ducks?

(I'm trying to interject humor into a tense situation)

You may hurl invectives my way to lighten the load a bit, Miss Kitty Lady.

Don't worry Hiram, the situation is fine! My duckies are skimming over the water doing their thing, when they're not a-dabbling, up tails all!

But thanks for the very sweet offer!

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Illuminati Not to Mention Sensuality Incarnate (if Somewhat Flea-bitten Right Now..)

Feisty Kitten Mascot and Succourer of the Waifs and Strays Hugging and Smooching Club
Old 10-25-2001, 02:05 PM   #64
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I wonder what would happen if three, or perhaps even FOUR members met at the same time, imagine the NAME!
Old 10-25-2001, 02:06 PM   #65
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
I wonder what would happen if three, or perhaps even FOUR members met at the same time, imagine the NAME!
Aren't Wolfgir, Moiraine, Ramon3 and another IW member going to meet soon? I wonder what THAT name'll be ouch

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-25-2001, 02:07 PM   #66
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Weeeell, Moiraine, Wlfie, SirTainly and Ramon are meeting in December at Moiraine's place, and it seems they already thought up a nickname together

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-25-2001, 02:07 PM   #67
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
As far as I understand it, double accounts are generally not tolerated, especially if the user uses it to do things like support himself in a serious discussion so it looks like more people are on his side than there actually are, flames or mocks another member while concealing his true identity, etc. However, double accounts that are "for fun", where most people know who is behind it and know it is a joke (e.g. Knobhead the Pommie, Melusorick, Yoraine, DioCheetah) are "overlooked". It has also become part of the IW tradition that when two IW members meet, they create a new user combining their two names. Fun, isn't it?

Yo tooth girl - yes I knew about the combo accounts - Dio told me about Melusorick, and we decided to do the same thing when he was over. But it is good to know I can legally use another account name for fun, as long as it is not for the malicious purpose of supporting myself in an argument, that is... LOL

ps. Was the dinner something you could eat? Or did you have to resort to the pointy banana........

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Illuminati Not to Mention Sensuality Incarnate (if Somewhat Flea-bitten Right Now..)

Feisty Kitten Mascot and Succourer of the Waifs and Strays Hugging and Smooching Club
Old 10-25-2001, 02:08 PM   #68
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Weeeell, Moiraine, Wlfie, SirTainly and Ramon are meeting in December at Moiraine's place, and it seems they already thought up a nickname together
Hmmmm..... Moiraine is from France, right? Maybe I should take a little trip by France? I would, if only I could manage to avoid my parents stopping me.
Old 10-25-2001, 02:08 PM   #69
Fljotsdale

MoiRamUlfTain?

------------------

Proud to be Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Here be Dragons.
"If I say something to you and it can be taken two ways, and one of those ways upsets you...I meant the other one." (lifted from a post by Dragon Mage!)

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 02:08 PM   #70
Knobhead_the_Pommie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As we all know "Bruce the Aussie" is a dig at ol'Blighteys Ashes tormentors from the Antipodes. Thus a return dig from a digger was called for.

Hence my name.

We all know who I am.

Humor is my game.

Here's to you BRUCE

------------------
Here's to you Bruce!