Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2002, 03:44 PM   #1
Sir Goulum
John Locke

For those who don't know what a showhome is it is like a home built by a home builder that people can walk through. No one owns it yet but people will buy it eventually

He is in a showhome trying to sell homes ok? So he gets a customer and then a family before them comes in and is fooling around etc. so he has to go deal with that and so he comes home all frazzled. SO...the next day he just locked the door when he had meetings and people were going up to the door, looking inside, trying the door knob, looking in again, trying the door knob again and so on for like 2 minutes. So then he decided to just show every single person around the showhome himself and lock the door while he's showing people around and it worked ok. I think he's still doing that. But now we look at the the other people in other showhomes. 1 lady was sitting on the stairs in front of her showhome reading a book. 1 guy looked like he was taking a nap and the last guy other than my crazy dad actually had some customers but he was playing games on his computor. Yesterday, my dad had 1000 people wander through. 1000 people in a 3:00-8:00 time space! Thats craziness!
Old 04-27-2002, 04:44 PM   #2
Charean
Hathor

We have been looking at a few showhomes here... and yes, they can be very active. I am always amazed at the innovation some of these houses have.. but the one I looked at was in the $900,000 price range... I figure if you are going to dream.. DREAM BIG!

Tough job your dad has.... remind him to relax when he gets home! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2002, 04:52 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Hehe. The one my dad works in is worth like $700 000. Not including all the furniture you can buy along with it.
Old 04-27-2002, 06:39 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
don't be too sorry for your dad dude, if he is good at what he does, he must be making quite a buck
Old 04-27-2002, 08:13 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like your dad is a busy guy! But he does a good job, then if he personally takes people around!

I looked at models, not 'show homes' when I built mine. I'm not in the right tax bracket for 'show homes'. LOL But the builder had a representative in the house on certain days and anyone could walk through with the rep and ask questions. It's a great way to get an idea what to have in your own house when it's built and to see what layouts you like or don't like.

Cloudy
Old 04-27-2002, 08:19 PM   #6
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I've been through a few of those showhomes. and I must say they do a snazzy job with em... though some of them try to actually con you into buying them. I absolutley am apauled at the concept of making pre-fabricated homes for us to live in. It destroys individuality, adn the concept of a neigborhood disturbs me even further... that is why i've come to the conclusion that I will NEVER... EVER own a home... Nor will I ever live in a country where the property values are placed SO DAMN HIGH... companies buy gigantic portions of land and ignore everyone's right to their little space, then they charge that land, which hasn't even been built on yet, back to them for INCREDIBLE sums of money! 900,000 bucks! MY GOD!! That's 10 years of work down the hole for a place to live in that, eventually, youll just move out of! how people do this is beyond me, we're talking so much money in so little space... home buying and home ownership is stupid, the american DREAM is stupid... that's RIGHT... I say its STUPID... i know you're going to look at me and think that Im a madman for saying such things and actually being american but of everything i've seen and known and heard... there is no life better than a life overseas which is payed for by the governemtn, and in return you get a cooshy lifestyle where you pay no bills and have reduced taxes all for t he purpose of serving and protecting this silly "american dream" bah... I feel like a rotten apple now looking back at a ripe barrel, but at least i've fallen out of the barrel and have some Bruises on me, and with those bruises come EXPERIENCE -_-... *you can tell i'm in a bad mood can't you*