Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 03:05 PM   #11
NobleNick
Quintesson

...but using flame arrows to steal kills from the berzerkers is slight overkill! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, doesn't seem to be a wise use of resources.

One of the techniques I employed was luring (mob name withheld, so as not to spoil) back to the party, and killing them one at a time; so that they all landed in a tight pile. The party would smack down the "revivers" while the baiter lured more victims back to add to the pile. When all done, throw a molotov cocktail onto the pile, or have the Mage throw Agannazar's Scorcher. Obviously, this is a technique that would be hard to execute with Berserkers (Berzerkers?, whatever...) in the mix. I need to brainstorm some more...

Meanwhile, a group of Berserkers, called AFTER you had made the pile of mobs, could generate a bunch of entertainment, while the rest of the team shifted gear, healed up, etc. I wonder how long the show could be expected to last if you had, say, 8 mobs, and the Bard in there singing the War Chant to 4 Berserkers. I will try to remember to run this experiment when the right opportunity presents itself.

OH, and to get back to the original topic that kicked this thread off: I have gotten to the Vale with a new party. My party leader was down to 7 HP (out of 56) after one trip. I rested in the Inn at Kuldahar for 16 hours to get back to full health. I have HoW installed.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 09-28-2005, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:24 PM   #12
NobleNick
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by NobleNick:
I've played about 97% of my time using HoW, and haven't ever met any mobility-challenged spiders. They all get around MUCH too easily for me.
Well, I don't know if I should have egg on my face, or if I've entered the Twilight Zone: I am on a new party, and in DE1 guess what I found? Yep, a grand total of 5 spiders (in 2 varieties) that could not make it past a grand total of 2 choke points. A third variety (phase spider) had no problem with one choke point; and was not placed so taht it would encounter the other.

I do not remember this from before; but with my porous memory that doesn't mean a whole lot. Actually, I think the reason I did not notice it before is that my earlier party scouted ahead with the Thief (which the curent party does not yet have) and set up defenses on the spider-side of the choke point for one set of encounters, and finished up the second set of spiders quickly enough in the second encounter (using Agannazar's Scorcher) to avoid realizing that they were stuck.

So, yes, ister, here is your confirmation that this is not just happening to you. Sorry, I do not have vanilla IWD experience in this area; so can not confirm that this is a HoW-only phenomenon.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:10 PM   #13
Grog
Dungeon Master

Depending on what screen your on, you can get a submenu that allows you to select how long you want to rest for.

If you click the rest button that's on the main game screen, the only way to NOT rest until healed it to make sure that all your party members are at 100% health.
\"He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.” ~Anonymous <br /><br />\"You need to change how you look at it, when you can\'t change the it you\'re looking at.\" - Bishop T.D. Jakes <br /><br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=23\" target=\"_blank\">Auril\'s Bane</a> -- An IWD Mod
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote