Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2003, 10:45 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Have mother-in-law coming this Sunday. Sister-in-Law decided our house would be the best "mid-way" point for a Mother's Day gathering LOL. So everyone is doing/bringing something. So far we have steaks on the grill (sister-in-law is going to marinate them overnight and bring them), fried mushrooms (the one thing we gave "Mother" to bring cause she'd get eye twitches if she couldn't bring something), cucumbers in a vinegar mix (my idea cause I feel like the mostly LOL), and devilled eggs (hey everyone asked for em LOL, they DID eat them like pigs this past Christmas), so, guess I'll be making some more LOL,and my cheesy potato bake I got off the net (is good, has lots of sour cream and cheddar cheese). I just feel I'm missing vegetables in this meal, only thing we have is the cucs. What would you decide to add to this cookout mix?

And don't try to change completely the menu because I have no power, this is what the family wants to eat LOL. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-08-2003, 10:53 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

LadyZ, if I knew any I'd gladly share. But frankly, the only thing I have going for me concerning food, is eating it.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:56 PM   #3
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Wendy, what popped to mind to me immediately was------where is the dessert? [img]smile.gif[/img]
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 05-08-2003, 11:08 PM   #4
Ladyzekke

Well Reeka, the dessert part is already covered, as Baskin Robbins is three minutes away, so we'll make sis-in-laws boyfriend go fetch [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-08-2003, 11:23 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

In the veggie department, I'd look at corn on the cob or perhaps baked or sweet potatoes. They grill up rather nicely...

Ermmmm.... where exactly do you live? We can be there by two...

And we can bring one of our family favorites, caramel apple salad. It's a fruit salad with apples, whipped cream, sour cream, and butterscotch pudding -- that's where the caramel comes from. Rarely, if ever, do we have leftovers...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:16 AM   #6
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

What about a spring salad?
Old 05-09-2003, 12:53 AM   #7
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
You could maybe grill vegetables on the barbeque with the steaks - capsicum, egglant, zucchini, tomatoes, asparagus and stuff?
Old 05-09-2003, 09:14 PM   #8
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
In the veggie department, I'd look at corn on the cob or perhaps baked or sweet potatoes. They grill up rather nicely...

Ermmmm.... where exactly do you live? We can be there by two...

And we can bring one of our family favorites, caramel apple salad. It's a fruit salad with apples, whipped cream, sour cream, and butterscotch pudding -- that's where the caramel comes from. Rarely, if ever, do we have leftovers...
Yes corn on the cob would be good methinks, easy to make as well (I'll let sis-in-law do the shuckin LOL) Wow that caramel apple salad sounds wooonderrfull!! umm where exactly do you live? Maybe we can all just go to your house, we can be there by two...

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-09-2003, 09:24 PM   #9
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
What about a spring salad?
Well I'm already going to make cucumbers and vinegar (with a dash of Good Seasons Zesty Italian salad dressing powder) [img]smile.gif[/img] That's all I'm willing to do fresh vegetable wise LOL. Yes a big salad for everyone to dig into would be nice LOL. But this was just dropped into my lap!
Sis-in-law called and just said "we are having Mother's Day at your house," and so it wasn't my idea, but I have complied, and I'm already having to do more than anyone else, i.e, preparing and cleaning for their arrival, and contributing more foodwise than anyone else. I made this HUGE dinner last Christmas, I had it all going on, they all told me it was too much! So in other words I'm only going to go so far out of my way here. Sis-in-Law really needs to add something besides the steaks IMO. ssss. It's easy to buy steaks and plop them into a container and put marinating sauces on them and closing the lid and putting in the fridge. Besides the booze that's all she's bringing, and it was her idea to slap it at my house this year out of nowhere! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ah well. Such is life. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-09-2003, 09:27 PM   #10
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I would tell her that she needs to bring more than just the steaks, seeing as how she "told" you thatit was at your house, make her bring most of the prepared food and you do the rest,lol that is what i would do anyway