Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2001, 08:49 PM   #101
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry, grumbling all the way, falls in behind Mistral, hanging his head low in shame...
Old 10-27-2001, 08:51 PM   #102
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: finally thought of something

Deiter had felt a urge to go outside after there battle with Meldrin was over. After a nights rest he quietly went out that morning and started walking through out the town. Turning a corner the half elf ran into someone. Steping back quickly he stared at the person that had ran into him. The blonde wood elf grinned at him."What in the nine hells are you doing here Aerien?" The elf shook his head and pointed a finger at Deiter."Why looking for you dear brother." Deiter glared at his half brother as his hand rested on the helt of Leafblade."And why have you been looking for me?" Nodding towards the woods, the elf motioned for Deiter to follow him. Walking through the woods Aerien looked over at his younger brother."I've been looking for you to settle our family problem." Takeing in a sharp breath the half elf took a step back"So is that why you been hounding me?! To kill me off like you did my father??!!"

Aerien smirked and drew his long sword out."You catch on fast little brother." Takeing Leafblade out he faced his wood elven brother."What does killing me have to do with fixing our family fued?" The blonde elf frowned"You are a mutant Deiter. Being part human an elf is not right, and I shall not have any of it in my family. Even though you are more elven them human does not matter, to have a half elf in my great family is an insult!" Running at Deiter with impossble speed, the wood elf swung his sword up in an arc and slashed out. Having barely enough time to block, Deiter was knocked backwards to the cold ground. Getting up quickly, he ran at Aerien with hurt,sadness and death in his eyes.

After awhile the two were breathing hard. Aerien's guard was droping and Deiter went for it. Useing all of the strengh he had left, the half elf jammed his scimitar into the middle of Aerien's chest. Causeing him to slam backwards into a tree. Pulling the blade out he bent down next to Aerien"You always were wrong Aerien..." The elf looked up at Deiter with a mixture of hate and confusion. Coughing up blood he slumped down farther and with one last jerk died. Deiter cleaned the blood off his blade on Aerien's tunic. Turning away he went down an old dirt trail in the forest. Setting down with his back against a large oak tree he started to think on what he had just did."I killed my brother" rang through his head as he sat there staring at the trees. Even though he had every right to do so, he still felt the pain for what he had done. Closeing his eyes, he feel into an uneasy sleep.

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."

[This message has been edited by Deiter Leafblade (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-27-2001, 08:52 PM   #103
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...I am trying...

Everytime you have given me something, I have recorded it.
Old 10-27-2001, 08:55 PM   #104
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: wow that was my biggest post yet I feel so proud

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-27-2001, 08:57 PM   #105
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Deiter Leafblade:
ooc: wow that was my biggest post yet I feel so proud

Congratulations, Deiter! I liked your little plot! That was quite good!
Now, keep it up, and maybe Spree will be kissing on ya, or something...you never know with that wild-cat!
Old 10-27-2001, 09:03 PM   #106
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hearing the grumbling, she turns around and sees his shameful face. Running up to him, she reaches for his hand shyly and speaks ~ "Don't be mad with me, please. I just want us out of this place fast... before anything hurts you." ~ Her cheeks redden and she releases his hand. ~ "I've a feeling we're getting pretty close to the artifact now." ~

As they walk on, they reach yet another room. In the northeast corner of the room, there is a neatly made-up bed with a fluffy pillow placed on it. On its left, a dressing table stands. Catching eye of a parchment on the table, Mistral runs up and hands it to Larry. It reads:

~It was a dark, cloudless night.~
~Philippe crept about, seeking some warmth.~
~His stomach growled and he glanced around hopefully, but to no avail.~
~"Nuts!" he yelled in frustration, instantly regretting it as a huge pebble appeared out of nowhere, striking him. He rubbed his arm and began to nurse his wound.~
~I must leave here immediately, he thought grimly. Preferably in disguise...~

Mistral continues examining the room. In the cupboard, she finds a scroll of Polymorph Others, a mage spell that can shapechange others into specific creatures.

In the middle of the room, a table rests on a wolf skin, bearing a treasure chest. She lifts the lid, but unsurprisingly, it is empty.

To the left of the room is a door which cannot be opened by normal means. Shrugging, she turns to Larry ~ "I guess it's another one of those riddles." ~
Old 10-27-2001, 09:17 PM   #107
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

"alright...the clues we have are :
1. Phillipe, who wanted to escape in disguise...
2. A wolf-skin and emtpy treasure chest...
3. Polymorph scroll...

..."Maybe Phillipe turned into a wolf, somebody killed him, and left us the parchment to turn him back into a human...once he turns into a human dead body, we will find something to stick in the chest that will make a door appear..."

Larry lays down on the bed, placing the pillow over his head to hide his embarrasment...

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-27-2001, 09:20 PM   #108
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Good boy Deiter. A wee bit spontanious, but it dosen't cause any extra conflicts, and it explains everything to the point. Love it. )

~The scythe on her wrist had been obnoxiously burning leaves off trees every time she took a mis-step from its plotted course. At all end she stood below a canopy at the edge of the forest. The scythe calmed and she looked around quizically. She took a hesitant step into the woods, half-expecting something or somebody to jump out at her. Her cautious voice echos from her throat.~ "Deiter?" ~A rustling was heard in the brush beside her and she inhales sharply, her head snapping to the side. She holds the hilt of her scimitar with one hand and pushes the brush to the side. She gives a mortified gasp as she views the mangled corpse of a blonde elf. She shudders, panic filling her heart. What if the same force that killed this man took Deiter? She steps to the side, trying not to disturb the body. She looks straight to the face of the deseased from a standing position and cringes. She was afraid that at any moment the body would spring to life and attack her. She backs away slowly, hand still on the scimitar's hilt. She backs up until her heel brushes something that was not of mother earth. She winces. It's going to be another body... Isn't it? She musters her courage and turns around, seeing a battered Deiter. Her eyes widen with fear. She quickly hunches to his side, hyper-ventilating. She looks around for help, but she was too far from civilization to scream. Through her quick breaths she barely acknowledges his breathing. She shakes her head, whispering.~ "This is all my fault... All my fault..." ~She looks around desperately, pleading to the unconcious Deiter.~ "Don't die, don't die... Oh Deiter..." ~She nearly jumps out of her skin as a rustling is heard from the bushes behind. Fake confidence does not work with her shaky voice as she draws her scimitar.~ "Show your face!"

~The wood elf emerges from the brush, concerned eyes falling on the scene.~ "It's me Chani." ~He looks at the half-elf crumpled against the oak and bites his lower lip in grim determination. He looks back into his friend's eyes.~ "I take it you need help." ~His barren black eyes take in her sorrowful predicament, a tear coming to them.~

(ooc: A wild cat eh Larry? Hrmmmmm... Maybe I could alter this a bit... heee...)
Old 10-27-2001, 09:21 PM   #109
mistral4543

Mistral walks over and removes the pillow from his face. ~"Larry..." ~ she whispers softly ~ "We mustn't give up. We're so close to it now..." ~ She takes the parchment from his hands.

"I think this is related to the empty chest over there. Perhaps each line indicates something we should put into it. And we should be careful to put them in the right order."

She nudges him gently ~ "Come, let's give it another try, shall we?" ~
Old 10-27-2001, 09:36 PM   #110
mistral4543

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
ooc...I am trying...

Everytime you have given me something, I have recorded it.
ooc: Read my previous post carefully, Larry... I said, keep track of Mistral's as well