Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2001, 10:13 PM   #81
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: Tea-break of 15 mins...

Let me see if I can find time to do this detailed a description. Hmm, it's more or less been covered in my earlier posts, eg. spells in mage book.

Larry - you're in favour of Midget joining? That would make 2 confirmed votes for him - you and Spree. EDIT: I have sent you an email to your home address.)

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 10:26 PM   #82
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:

So Larry - you're in favour of Midget joining? That would make 2 confirmed votes for him - you and Spree.)
OOC>>>
I cannot say no, because I think Midget would be a nice added talent.
My concern is that of having a real person playing an evil part.
It was easy to hate Meldrin, because he was a fictional character, being run by you, against Mistral and us.
Your personality was not in Meldrin.
Spree puts alot of her own personaliy into her own character, as I do in mine.
I am afraid that I do not understand Spree's meaning of this guy being tough. Is Midget going to put his own personality into the guy that I am supposed to hate?
Is Spree telling Midget how to role-play the part, and Midget is really a nice guy in RL ?
How would I know by what she has mentioned what the truth is ?
We have been warned about having trouble with his character.
I already hate the character.
I do not want to hate Midget.
If Midget really is this evil person he is to role play, he does not belong on our forum.
If he is a nice guy, I would rather Midget play a nice guy on our forum and play the evil one as a secondary character.
Is my meaning clear???

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 10:37 PM   #83
mistral4543

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
OOC>>>

We have been warned about having trouble with his character.
I already hate the character.
I do not want to hate Midget.
If Midget really is this evil person he is to role play, he does not belong on our forum.
If he is a nice guy, I would rather Midget play a nice guy on our forum and play the evil one as a secondary character.
font>
OOC: Hear you loud and clear, and I agree especially with the points above.

Going back to my course now. Checking in about 2 hours' time.
Old 10-23-2001, 10:55 PM   #84
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
posted by Kaz:

Kaz stopped convulsing, her body went limp. Very very slowly, her eyes opened, staring around the room. She winced. "What... happened? Where... am I?" Her voice was dry and cracked. Trying to sit up, Kaz weakly fell back to the pillow. "I remember... everything... too much..." Her eyes seemed to mirror the intense agony in her soul.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
posted by Mistral:

~ She brushes away the strands of black hair covering Kaz's forehead and places the back of her right palm against it. ~ Not much fever, thank goodness, after all these changes of cold towels... ~ Nevertheless, her tired eyes continue to stare worriedly at her sister. ~

~"You're safe, Kaz... safe with Larry and I. That's all that matters now..." ~ She pats Kaz's hands soothingly with her left one, then gets up to get a bowl of water for the little elf ~ "Here, drink this. Be careful that you don't choke." ~ She sighs as Kaz downs the liquid without much difficulty. ~

~"We'll always be with you..." ~ This time, she feels the tremendous fatigue threatening to overpower her. Cupping her mouth with a hand to suppress a yawn, she continues ~ "We'll go to places far away from here, Kaz, away from your nightmares..." ~ Her head droops ~ "...if you wish..." ~ It collapses on the side of the bed as she murmurs her last words ~ "...together...forever..." ~

Larry walked over to Mistral and picked her up to lay her beside Kaz in the large bed. He smiled as he saw the two, seemingly at peace, and resting.
He walked out of the room, blowing out the lantern, and headed to his own bed at the other end of the hall. He needed much rest as well, for the day had been long indeed.
Giving a few final orders to the night guards, Larry entered his own room, and lay upon his bed. It was good to have Mistral back...good to see that Kaz has come out of her troubled dream, and good to be alive. He wondered where the new day would take them, and as he visioned Mistral's eyes again, he drifted off to sleep.
Nightblade, not needing any sleep, was hovering in a corner of the room, giving off a soft blue light, and guarding her master against any trouble.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 11:41 PM   #85
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC...Karen has asked that I not stay online tonight...
because she feels that I am not sleeping enough...

So, I will see everyone in the morning, between 9-11am
Old 10-24-2001, 02:18 AM   #86
mistral4543

OOC: Ok, I am keeping the description of my character as simple as possible.

Mistral - Human, Lawful Neutral, Kensai Level 10 / Mage Level 13

Items owned
* Robe of Vecna
* Celestial Fury
* Daystar
* Boots of Speed
* Shatter (Limited regeneration, greenish tint, sister blade to Nightblade)
* Amulet of Power
* Cloak of Mirroring
* Ring of Fire Resistance
* Stone to Flesh scroll
* Parchment, ink, quill
* 3,000 gp

Familiar
* Isabeau/Hawk (Proficient in human and elven language)

Personality
* Well-adjusted to adventuring life
* Confident and controlled most of the time
* Fiercely loyal to loved ones
* Independent judgement

Spells Known
Level 1
Protection from Petrification, Larloch's Minor Drain, Blindness, Find Familiar, Identify, Magic Missile, Burning Hands, Chromatic Orb, Friends, Protection from Evil, Shield, Shocking Grasp, Grease

Level 2
Knock, Melf's Acid Arrows, Glitterdust, Ray of Enfeeblement, Strength, Blur, Horror, Resist Fear, Vocalise, Deafness, Stinking Cloud, Web, Luck, Detect Invisibility, Agannazar's Scorcher

Level 3
Dispel Magic, Remove Magic, Fireball, Melf's Minute Meteors, Hold Undead, Protection from Normal Missiles, Slow, Dire Charm, Flame Arrow, Lightning Bolt, Hold Person, Protection from Fire, Skull Trap, Vampiric Touch, Spell Thrust, Invisibility 10' Radius, Non-Detection

Level 4
Stoneskin, Improved Invisibility, Minor Sequencer, Emotion, Polymorph Other, Secret Word, Fire Shield Red, Fire Shield Blue, Polymorph Self, Spider Spawn, Greater Malison, Otiluke's Resilient Sphere, Remove Curse, Wizard Eye

Level 5
Animate Dead, Cloudkill, Feeblemind, Protection from Normal Weapons, Breach, Chaos, Domination, Lower Resistance, Oracle, Spell Immunity, Shadow Door, Sunfire

Level 6
Death Fog, Invisible Stalker, Tenser's Transformation, Chain Lightning, Death Spell, Mislead, Protection from Magic Energy, True Sight, Summon Nishruu, Protection from Magical Weapons, Pierce Magic, Disintegrate, Stone to Flesh, Power Word Silence, Improved Haste, Contingency

Level 7
Finger of Death, Power Word Stun, Khelben's Warding Whip, Mass Invisibility, Prismatic Spray, Ruby Ray of Reversal, Delayed Blast Fireball, Limited wish, Mordenkainen's Sword, Project Image, Spell Sequencer, Summon Efreeti, Control Undead

Level 8
Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting, Improved Mantle, Maze, Pierce Shield, Incendiary Cloud, Spell Trigger, Simulacrum, Bigby's Clenched Fist, Power Word: Blind, Protection from Energy, Symbol: Death, Symbol: Stun, Symbol: Fear

Level 9
Absolute Immunity, Bigby's Crushing Hand, Blade of Disaster, Chain Contingency, Energy Drain, Freedom, Gate, Meteor Swarm, Imprisonment, Spell Trap, Spell Strike, Wail of Banshee, Wish, Time Stop

Note: Memorised spells depend on experience level of character, and not known spells.

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 03:31 AM   #87
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Just btw, I DO NOT want to know what Maverick does to Kaz - or vice versa (she is kind of unstable right now)

And me:

Kazara - moon elf, Lawful Good, Transmuter, lvl 14
Items owned:
Robe of Vecna
Boots of Grounding
Staff of the Magi
Amulet of Aerie
Ring of Fire Resistance
3500 gold
1 potion of extra healing
1 scroll of protection against cold
1 potion of remove poison
OK, probably forgot some

Familiar
Raven - Aerynkoryk

Personality
Shy and mistrustful of strangers
Sensitive, easily hurt
Independent, a loner
NOTE: Currently rather unstable after regaining her memory

Spells known

Well, I'd need to know what spells there are first.

I'm not sure about Maverick. I was thinking of a subplot (to hunt down and kill that demon) but it would be one HELL of a fight and, frankly, I don't think our characters are up to that yet. So we need to get xp and cool items before we do that. But, trust me, if Maverick needles Kaz about her past, she WILL try to kill him, unless someone restrains her.
Old 10-24-2001, 04:32 AM   #88
mistral4543

(ooc: Larry, while your character is not interested in casting mage spells, I think we can safely assume he has some handy priest spells such as cure light wounds/disease/medium wounds. Rangers have that ability, to a certain limit. Our current party is seriously lacking in healing.)
Old 10-24-2001, 09:44 AM   #89
mistral4543

(ooc: Hi everyone, I'm not posting any message after this for the next 48 hours ... very tired from last night's 3-hour sleep. Argh...my mind is almost a complete blank right now , but I'll try to put my character out of the way till then. In the meantime, have fun...)

Her sleep begins peacefully enough; the effects of a long and exhausting day. The smile on her face is serene, and her breath is very much regular. ~ "Kaz..." ~ she murmurs, her right hand instinctively reaching for the little elf ~ "...safe..." ~ and the tossing and turning begins...

"No, Kaz... not that way... they're there! Come here, Kaz!..." ~ They run blindly, their hearts throbbing wildly as their pursuers catch up with them. ~ She grabs Kaz by the arms, hauls her up like a meat loaf and begins sprinting the race of her life... sinister laughter echoes in their ears as she dodges the arrows flying her way... ~

"Come here, Mistral!" ~ She hears Larry's voice and casting a glance to her right, she sees his pale face. ~ I must be dying... I can see it in his eyes... ~ "Take Kaz!" She screams, coughing out blood, and she hurls her sister into his arms ~ "Love her and cherish her, Larry..." ~ She falls on her knees, her eyes willing him to leave ~ "Go, my love... Mystra bless you both..."

"No! I will not leave you!" ~ He yells furiously, rushing forth to her. With superhuman effort, he lifts her into his arms as well and shakes her vigorously ~ "Tell me where to go! Is there a safe place here?!" ~

~ In reality, beads of perspiration emerge on her face and her body begins to convulse. Suddenly, she opens her eyes and cries out ~ "Temple... temple of Mystra! Take me there!... " ~ Her eyes close, and her body begins to shiver... ~

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 09:49 AM   #90
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: okay, mistral, but how are we supposed to know what to do at the temple of Mystra if you're not there?
Bye! See you on Friday I guess.