Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2001, 01:22 PM   #101
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry wandered around, looking at fresh produce, cured meats, and various other foods. He decided to buy some traveling goods, and picked up enough meat and mutton for 3 people to live off of for a week. That came to about 50GP. He found a sizeable water flask for 20GP, and some poison controlling, anti-toxin serum for 30GP.
He left this mearchant stand, and walked over to the next, having fun spending some hard-earned money.

OOC...I have to wait till I get home to see my book so that I can buy the real stuff. I am keeping tabs on the $3,000 I was awarded from whooping up on Meldrin, so this is all legal...as far as I can tell.
Old 10-24-2001, 02:24 PM   #102
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

After a restless night's sleep, Kaz gets up. Trying to check on Mistral, she learns that the priests are not allowing strangers to see her. Kaz is not happy but has no choice. She leaves the temple and goes wandering in the city, not buying anything but just looking at things and trying to put her memory into the right order.

OOC: The... pain... agha... I mean, I already have a toothache, what do I need a headache for?
Old 10-24-2001, 03:24 PM   #103
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

While wandering through the town's busy market street, Larry saw many strange and exotic sites.

He saw birds from Maxtica, strange items from Kara-Tur, and many other unidentified bobbles and such.

He fancied finding a speical gift for Mistral, but he realized that he should pick up something for Kaz as well.

Now, the trouble would be...what to buy them?

Feeling that he had plenty of time, Larry carefully examined each artifice trinket, looking for that special gift for his two friends...
Old 10-24-2001, 03:26 PM   #104
Kaz

Good night all! Leaving early tonight in the hope of feeling better tomorrow. Bye!
Old 10-24-2001, 03:53 PM   #105
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

ooc: I think ya'll are getting the wrong impression of Maverick. He's a low-patience guy, but he's not evil. I've also decided NOT to let Midget play Maverick. On account that when asked what Fearun was, Midget scratched his head. So I will play Maverick, and let Midget come in with the tavern AFTER Deiter gets back.

Maverick is NOT like Meldrin in the sense that he's cruel or unjust, rather that his personality would clash with the current ones. In all truth, he's a lot like Cyrus was. In any case, I think you've all sort of imagined Maverick as a big mean bad-guy who goes around killing Larry and pointing blades at Mistral's throat. Not true, but Maverick is unique and I think he'd make a good twist.

In any case, I would play him the way Mistral played Meldrin, with the exception of a unique character from our sea-elven friend.

Larry, I don't really see you as a stalker. In all this time I don't think you've once hid in the shadows or back-stabbed anything. Your character charges on blindly, and so somebody so honed in stealth wouldn't really fit your set up personality.
Old 10-24-2001, 05:25 PM   #106
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC...in response to Spree...

Okay, I feel that you have now helped us understand what is going on. With what you have mentioned in your last post, I can say that I am more enthusiastic about it. I am quite anxious to see what twists you are going to throw into the game, now. Do we want Kaz to finalize her sub-plot? I would like her to be stabalized and well before taking off, just so she does not get left behind with anymore nightmares putting her out.
Mistral has got to be healed first, and I am currently stocking up in town. There has to be that right moment to allow for more intrigue.

I hope Midget enjoys playing with us. Is he as good a writer as yourself? Hopefully, not as shy as Deiter was...Are you still going to hang around for Deiter? We have to do someting with his character...like a coma or something. I don't know...you're the creative one...do something creative...

Now, about my stalker kit. You are right...I have not been playing a stalker. I am a little too frontal in my position. Some of the reasons I chose him was the fact that he is prone to only wearing up to Studded Leather Armor...and I thought this was nice, so that I would not be tempted to upgrade my armor to something heavier. I also liked the extra stealth ability. I wanted to have that option, if the need arose, though I have not been doing so, exclusively. I thought that by calling myself a Stalker kit player, I could have an excuse for sneaking around when I did want to sneak. I practiced a bit of hiding in shadows in your underwater palace, when I scared Mistral so bad she drew her swords on me and began to work the work of death upon my meager soul.
I would still like to keep this kit, and improve my role-playing skills, by learning what it takes to be a stalker. I feel that I can do it. Another thing is that I need to learn the spells granted to me. I do not even know the spells of a 10th level Ranger, nor the amount of each. Mistral had mentioned before about some that are available to me. I will have to research them.
Old 10-24-2001, 06:50 PM   #107
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: I forgot about the hawk...)

~ Isabeau, who had not followed Larry and her mistress into the sea-elven palace, sicrcles the skies in the city above. Realising her mistress is in some strange condition, she flies aroun, looking for Larry ~

(ooc: Larry, hope you have fun with the bird. I have to go now. Bye all and see u on Friday.)
Old 10-24-2001, 09:40 PM   #108
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

While Larry was thus in the process of looking for some goodies to buy, Isabeau came from behind, and landed on a ledge, near where Larry was standing.

"Isabeau! ...
Hey, don't look at me like that! ...
It was Mistral's ...oh...by the way...you ..oh...you already know?
Well, yes...hey!
I told you that was not my fault!
She...ok...yeah... What do you want to eat?
Well I am trying if you...just..."

As the townsfolk were hustling along through the market...they could not help but to slow down and wonder just why some guy was talking to a bird.
Dismissing him as a drunkard, they continued on thier way, not giving it any more thought.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 03:10 AM   #109
Kaz

OOC: Kaz will get more stable soon, however I was intending to have a sub-plot of finding and killing that demon. But that demon is MEAN, so we'd have to be a LOT better than we are now.
Old 10-25-2001, 03:49 AM   #110
Kaz

Kaz stops at a bridge over a river. The rising sun makes it seem as if the riverbed is filled with molten gold. She has managed to re-assemble many of her memories, but the ones directly after her encounter with the demon are still clouded...