Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2002, 05:13 PM   #1
Jan

Holy cow. This battle is hardcore. Irenicus go home.

I need help. They cast everything in my face. I'm just a dead man walking.
Old 01-30-2002, 08:47 PM   #2
Maniac
Dungeon Master

You're Right. That battle is definately the hardest battle in the game hands down.

I recommend - Killing the uber succubus as she spawns, leaving through the left portal, resting as needed, then coming back for the next enemy. Very cheesy, but even then I wasn't able to win. I ruined my game with some serius Ctrl+Y action. Go figure.
Old 01-30-2002, 09:31 PM   #3
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Now i know im a big cheapo here, but as soon as Demogorgon summons all his little friends, leave and rest in ur pocket plane, when u return they will all be unsummoned, and he will not summon any more. Well i tried many strats, using summons, magic and all that good stuff. It didnt work! half of my party would be dire charmed [img]tongue.gif[/img] . so this is what i did:
Sarevok: +5 2handed psionic blade (for proof against his charms)
Verloren(me): Spectral band +5, Defender +5 (scimitars)
Anomen: Flail of ages +5 (thank you Cespenar!)
Jaheria: The spear Cespenar makes, cant remember name, but +5
Viconia:some glowing hammer, +4 or 5
Jan: his cross bow with his little skull bolts
and a few stone skins and bark skins and i went all ot melee....and i won!
Old 01-31-2002, 05:03 AM   #4
Jan

I'll try some of this.

Tried the battle on an easier level. Same result. I'm a lvl 32 berserker (250 hp and AC -13) and normally I crush everybody.

Maybe some clouds and web will do some damage
Old 01-31-2002, 07:51 AM   #5
Gabrial Angelfire
Dungeon Master

Well it matters what level your characters are, but my stratedgy was to protect everyone with the normal spell protections, and rush in wish greater whirlwinds, all the while using my breach wands to tear down any defenses that the demon brings up. all in all it was a pretty easy battle, it was harder to the kill the two monsters he summoned then anything else.
Old 01-31-2002, 08:30 AM   #6
Jan

Yep. They are pretty nasty. Poor Saverok had to face level drain and lot's of poison. They smacked him pretty fast.
Old 01-31-2002, 04:10 PM   #7
bodacious
Welcomed New User

tis a smpl battle all u gotta do is make ur theif put loads of traps down an the battle is over in two seconds!!! but if u are solid if u fight the thins that the demogogon spawns then u get shit loads of exp an u climb up the level boundaries
bodacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 02:45 AM   #8
Jan

Simpel battle?

I have tried everything. Run down and up the stairs. He sends 4 summons after me and my berserker smacks them in no time. Did that a lot times as I had the idea that he couldn't continue to do it but he did. If I go right after him he continues to summon creatures which means that it is 9 vs 6 all the time. My summons are smacked in no time. I have tried to take the portal. Sleep and come back but he still summons 8 creatures. There is nothing I can do.