Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2002, 09:22 AM   #11
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Cerek, if you're interested in some of the 2nd edition books then I believe that I should be able to provide some of them. You'd have to download and install AIM, though, so we could do a file transfer across that, as I have them in text-file format and they're too big to attach to emails.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 11:14 PM   #12
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

hey if morgan and knuckles need assistance in the 3 on 3 fight i'll gladly join them for revenge [img]tongue.gif[/img]
/)eathKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 02:37 AM   #13
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

deathkiller, if knuckles accepts, i would gladly welcome you aboard.

[ 07-05-2002, 02:39 AM: Message edited by: Morgan_Corbesant ]
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 02:39 AM   #14
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
I've read over the last few posts and checked all of my PM's. I've updated the "scheduled fights" to reflect these changes.

I can now run at least 3, maybe 4, of the fights listed. Some of the others still require more info.

Once again, I'm going to have to ask for a temporary halt to further challenges until I can get these 7 fights done.

My 4 year old buried my dice in the bottom of one of his toy boxes. I didn't even find them until last night. I may be able to start on the fights today, and I will try to have at least the 3 that are ready done by this weekend.

The fights I will do first are:

Morgan vs Knuckles
Oorgh Uggh vs Kharn
Morgan vs Mortilas (Re-match)

One last note to Sir Regin, I've been reading more in depth about the Bladesinger kit and realize that I have listed your level incorrectly. I had listed your character as a fighter who chose the Bladesinger style of fighting.

Instead, Mortilas is a true Bladesinger (which is a type of kit available for the fighter/mage multi-class). The only fight that may have been affected by this is your match with Morgan, and the ReMatch should settle that issue.

I sincerely apologize for the mistake, but I have NO 2nd Edition books, so I have to just reference the website that I "linked" to in the opening Post.
if im not mistaken, i think BladeSingers can only use singlehanded weapons. i BELIEVE it says that no KNOWN BladeSingers carry two-handed weapons, though i dont think that excludes them. i have NO objections however, i think it is a great concept. i would LOVE to be a BladeSinger wielding two swords, now THAT would be a sight to behold, heh.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:45 AM   #15
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
hey if morgan and knuckles need assistance in the 3 on 3 fight i'll gladly join them for revenge [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I'd be glad to have ye.

what IM services do you guys have, so we can set up a strategy
Old 07-05-2002, 12:40 PM   #16
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
if im not mistaken, i think BladeSingers can only use singlehanded weapons. i BELIEVE it says that no KNOWN BladeSingers carry two-handed weapons, though i dont think that excludes them. i have NO objections however, i think it is a great concept. i would LOVE to be a BladeSinger wielding two swords, now THAT would be a sight to behold, heh.
You're right, Morgan, that's what it says. And I originally told Sir ReGin that he would have to choose a different weapon, but the text you listed (no KNOWN Bladesinger) sounded like a loophole to me.

In your case, it's the rest of the kit description that causes a problem. Bladesingers practice with one weapon, to the exclusion of all others. You chose the long sword (a logical choice). But it is impossible for any creature human-sized or smaller to dual wield a long sword (because of its' size and weight).

The typical combo is a long sword/short sword and you've never practiced with a short sword.

BUT, I do like unique characters and I've been known to "bend" the rules to suit my campaign preferences. If you can provide a reasonable explanation of HOW your character could proficiently dual-wield a long sword/short sword combo within the Bladesinger style, I will allow it.
Old 07-05-2002, 01:17 PM   #17
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:

One last note to Sir Regin, I've been reading more in depth about the Bladesinger kit and realize that I have listed your level incorrectly. I had listed your character as a fighter who chose the Bladesinger style of fighting.

Instead, Mortilas is a true Bladesinger (which is a type of kit available for the fighter/mage multi-class). The only fight that may have been affected by this is your match with Morgan, and the ReMatch should settle that issue.

I sincerely apologize for the mistake, but I have NO 2nd Edition books, so I have to just reference the website that I "linked" to in the opening Post.
Hey no problem Cerek, just glad you noticed it [img]smile.gif[/img]

And Morgan, both Cerek and I were fooled by an example given in one of the texts in the homepage he mentioned, but since they didn't say it wasn't possible for a Bladesinger to wield a halberd, we decided to try [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-05-2002, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Sir ReGiN ]
Sir ReGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 03:54 PM   #18
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

well, i dont WANT to with this character. in my earlier pm's, you and i discussed certain things about this character anyway. im just saying that i would like eventually to have one who dual-wields. im not asking to bend any rules. loopholes are fine, that is why i know single weapon fighting style. it doesnt say i cant learn new ways of fighting, and incorporate them into my style, it just says i cant learn any new weapons. heh.
Old 07-05-2002, 04:00 PM   #19
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

oh, no problems at all sir regin. i think it is a great idea. the abilities of a bladesinger, with the reach of a halberd? DAYUM. i chose longsword because it is easy to wield, allows the use of the single weapon fighting style, and elves get a bonus when using it. so it made a logical choice for me. personaly, i like the idea of a halberd wielding bladesinger. its different, and out of the norm. that is why i like Drizzt too. he is WAY out of the norm for a Drow. too bad they WONT teach the bladesong to the Drow, that would be cool, heh.
Old 07-05-2002, 04:44 PM   #20
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
oh, no problems at all sir regin. i think it is a great idea. the abilities of a bladesinger, with the reach of a halberd? DAYUM. i chose longsword because it is easy to wield, allows the use of the single weapon fighting style, and elves get a bonus when using it. so it made a logical choice for me. personaly, i like the idea of a halberd wielding bladesinger. its different, and out of the norm. that is why i like Drizzt too. he is WAY out of the norm for a Drow. too bad they WONT teach the bladesong to the Drow, that would be cool, heh.
Yeah, I think the drows temper and attitude would mix quite well with an evil bladesinger..
Perhaps one of us should try that some other time aye? Could be real fun [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir ReGiN is offline   Reply With Quote