Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2004, 10:27 AM   #11
Donut
Jack Burton

I love tourists. Especially the way they come to an abrupt full stop in front of you. The look on their face as you bulldoze through them is a joy to behold!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 07-25-2004, 04:21 PM   #12
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
ROFL Donut - my brother did that a LOT. He had his camera and was totally in his own little world with it. And with the map, if he was unsure of where to go next, he'd stop right there on the spot and check it out

It was great, Davros! I'm going to make a post about it with some piccies (my brother took 2000 photos - Mel's going to be busy with the Stealthy's Index! ), but maybe tomorrow. Have to go to uni all day today and I'm really not looking forward to it. I had 2 hours sleep last night despite doing everything right - I got up at 7am yesterday morning and didn't sleep at all during the day... I need a week's holiday to get over the holiday!
Old 07-25-2004, 04:46 PM   #13
SecretMaster
Apophis

Tourists in Yorktown Heights NY??? The day that happens is the day pigs fly.

But I can see reasons for people opposing tourists and liking them.

Any company/commercial retailer in any major city or "hotspot" thrives on tourists simply because of the fact that they are a major source of sales. All companies love tourists simply for the fact that they help the economy and business.

However, people not involved with these business's, your average everday people, probably can hate them because they don't no their way around when they drive, they increase traffic, and they are everywhere.

But I'd like tourists if I lived in a major city.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:40 PM   #14
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Hmmm...
Old 07-26-2004, 04:14 AM   #15
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Gnarf:
quote:
Quote:
Hmmm...
[/QUOTE]Touche. Check and mate. Whatever you want to say. But next time, show me a real pig flying.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:27 AM   #16
Chewbacca
Zartan

I like Tourists. Talking with out-of-towners made my day when I worked in the city.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:40 AM   #17
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I don't mind tourist in my town, tourists are usually welcomed with open arms especially by the shop owners . Also local people tend to give some leeways to the tourist as they might not know the local customs. However, this one is basically a word from heart, If you go visit Japan and you are about to enter someone's home. Please open your shoes before you enter . yes please I beg of you. it's very annoying to see people entering the house and still wearing their shoes.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:28 AM   #18
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I don`t mind tourist in my town. I actually like them.

[ 07-26-2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 07-26-2004, 10:23 AM   #19
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Light Bulb

Quote:
[Touche. Check and mate. Whatever you want to say. But next time, show me a real pig flying.
Galadria asked me to post: Are you trying to say Pink isn't real? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2004, 10:47 AM   #20
quietman1920

Tourists are fun and they are usually quite happy (which, thankfully is contagious). Last April, I took a weeks vacation to watch my oldest son due to Easter Break (grrrr!). Anyway, rather than spend the whole time playing 'Pokemon Collesium' or worse, I took him places which we'd both . One of those places was the Toys R Us in Manhattan.

Aside from it being the biggest darned toystore I've ever been in, the only other people shopping there were tourists! They were very nice, and all the kids played together nicely. It was actually a Great Day!!!