Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2002, 04:51 AM   #1
Oryon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can somebody help me figure out how to rid my PC from his case of "Level Drain"? He's stuck on level 2 with 16 HP while the others are at level 10. I can't do anything with him.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:15 AM   #2
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Oh, so u are stuck on level 2 eh? The only way out of the situation is to go to a temple and buy a Greater Restoration spell, or buy a scroll of Restoration and use it, or just use ur Cleric/Druid and cast the Lesser/Greater Restoration spell when it's available.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:31 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

A druid cannot cast Lesser Restoration. You will need a priest. If your protagonist isn't a priest or if you haven't a custom party with a priest then think of Viconia. She is the only predefined priest NPC in the game. Lesser Restoration is a level 4 priest spell.
Otherwise, you will spend all your money in temples for healing level drains. Not speaking about vampires in dungeons on your way. There are no temples in dungeons.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:44 AM   #4
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Hmm... a druid can't cast Restoration? Oh yeah that's right, Jaheria can't cast Restoration, that explains... Hey, what's the difference between a Lesser Restoration and a Greater Restoration?
Old 07-30-2002, 05:53 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
A druid cannot cast Lesser Restoration. You will need a priest. If your protagonist isn't a priest or if you haven't a custom party with a priest then think of Viconia. She is the only predefined priest NPC in the game. Lesser Restoration is a level 4 priest spell.
Otherwise, you will spend all your money in temples for healing level drains. Not speaking about vampires in dungeons on your way. There are no temples in dungeons.
Actually, there are 3 NPC priests in the game: Viconia, (Sir-)Anomen, and Aerie. They all get lesser restoration fairly quickly, if they don`t have it as soon as you get them.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 08:04 AM   #6
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Irenicus:
Hmm... a druid can't cast Restoration? Oh yeah that's right, Jaheria can't cast Restoration, that explains... Hey, what's the difference between a Lesser Restoration and a Greater Restoration?
Lesser restoration only cures the level drains. The greater restoration cures all things like poison and diseases, cures level drain and heals the character (or whole party in a temple). However, casting greater restoration is very tiring and the caster must rest
(immediately?) after casting it. The manual says that the caster remains tired a couple of days despite of resting (I don't know sure how long or if it's really used in the game cause I only use lesser restoration).
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 10:12 AM   #7
bloodmage11
Elite Waterdeep Guard

what are your other party members?if you have anomen you should be able to cast lesser restoration but im not sure youll get your lv.s back
bloodmage11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 01:14 PM   #8
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by bloodmage11:
what are your other party members?if you have anomen you should be able to cast lesser restoration but im not sure youll get your lv.s back
You get all levels of one character back with lesser restoration.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 03:02 PM   #9
Oryon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

MY party is my thief drow elf, Aerie, Viconia, Minsc, Jaheira, and Nalia.
Old 07-30-2002, 03:03 PM   #10
Oryon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I WOULD have Yoshimo instead of Nalia but he was killed inside Nalia's quest

[ 07-30-2002, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Oryon ]