Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2003, 04:04 PM   #21
Faceman
Hathor

and on a more serious note:
Quote:
The Internet was created by the United States of America - a Christian nation and should not be used to spread anti-Christian, secular, or non-Christian propaganda and hatespeech. This is our Internet, and we should exercise our position as its owners and as the guardians of civilization to stop its misuse.

“It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ.”
- Patrick Henry, American Patriot

“Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord [i.e. Jesus Christ] one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of America the Twelfth In Witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names...”
- Article VII, US Constitution
1. The USA was the first country to be founded as a secular country. Hence the mentioning of God does nottake place in Article I of the constitution (as in EVERY other country which is based on religion) but only later on in a phrase which was common at this time and does not promote or emphazise religion. "The Year of our Lord" is simply a translation of A(nno) D(omini).
2. This is our internet kinda contradicts the whole purpose of the internet. It's a bit as if the first humans who developed speech/language had forbidden other humans to disagree with the argument: "This is our speech, we herbeby excercise our position as its owners and forbid you to disagree with us in any other way than inarticulate *UGH* "

Though agnostic myself I completely understand the wish to educate children religiously and strongly support that children should have knowledge of the Bible (simply because it is one of the most important books of our culture). But how noble the cause may be, it never legitimates lies, hate and prejudice.

One sidenote on the Atheists:
I may be wrong (not a theologist ) but AFAIK an atheist is somebody who beliefs that there is no god, while somebody who just indifferently states that there is no proof for god and he therefore doesn't belief in him is an agnosticist
The catch is that: "not believing" is not equal to "believing that not"
Old 10-13-2003, 04:24 PM   #22
Faceman
Hathor

http://objective.jesussave.us/pastorscorner.html

Oh and this is for the people who are interested in their views on "Triclavianism" which obivously is the heretic belief that Jesus was crucified with no more or less than three nails!!!
Geez, they even changed their webhost because he was too lenient on Triclavianism.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:29 PM   #23
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

This is the type of intolerance and small mindedness the I mentioned in the "Your Friend... God" Thread that is also running on the General Discussion Forum today. I'm a Christian, but I will still listen to your points of view and be respectful of them unlike these people. And if we still don't agree after we talk, then we don't agree. Simple as that. We will still part as friends.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:58 PM   #24
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:

Hey, Habu...
How many gods do you have?
"I don't know, I lost count"

Wouldn't you rather have just one God who loves you a bunch than a bunch of gods that don't love you at all?

How do they know my gods and goddessess don't love me?

Poor children, I hope that they break free from this indocrination as they grow into adulthood.

[ 10-13-2003, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 10-13-2003, 05:02 PM   #25
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

another quote
Quote:
We as Christians can learn from the dentists: instead of seeing Halloween as a time awash in tooth-decaying decadence, dentists have used it to promote proper dental hygiene by handing out toothbrushes, floss, and sugar-free candy to children. They have taken a frown and turned it upside down.

Just because the forces of the occult falsely lay claim to some of God's creations doesn't make them any less God's creations. (Artwork by Peggy Miller) It is important that we acknowledge that there are certainly lots of anti-Christian activities that go on during Halloween, including obvious and blatant things such as the reveling in demonology but also subtly subversive things such as "bobbing for apples", which is really a symbolic re-enactment of the Fall. These things are dangerous and need to be opposed by all good Christians. However, some of the traditional trappings of Halloween are not really occult. Bats, black cats, and spiders are all God's creatures too and skeletons are God's way of supporting your body; do not let ancient superstitions - whose origins are actually Pagan - keep you in fear of His creations.

Whether real occult dangers or misappropriated trappings, we must not let these put us off and cause us to retreat into our homes, turn off the lights, and pretend we are not home when the doorbell rings. No, we must face the anti-Christian challenges and vanquish them with the help of the Lord. We must take the fright and set it aright!

Just as the winter solstice - which was created by God, not demons - was reclaimed from the villanous grip of the Pagans in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, we as Christians must reclaim Halloween. We must proclaim that Halloween is now Christ's holiday. From now on it shall be used to witness to the wicked and ignorant. What was once used by Satan as a recruitment program, shall now be used against him. Satan's tricks shall be turned into the Lord's treats!
ummm, so being of the pagan religeon makes us evil??
Old 10-13-2003, 05:06 PM   #26
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:

One sidenote on the Atheists:
I may be wrong (not a theologist ) but AFAIK an atheist is somebody who beliefs that there is no god, while somebody who just indifferently states that there is no proof for god and he therefore doesn't belief in him is an agnosticist
The catch is that: "not believing" is not equal to "believing that not"
And it leaves it open for one of the funniest jokes I've ever heard:

- What do you get when you cross an agnostic, an insomniac, and a dyslexic?
- A man who stays awake all night wondering if there's a dog.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 10-13-2003, 05:07 PM   #27
GForce

I wonder, if I worship my wife who is btw a Goddess, am i considered a pagan? She's the best. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2003, 05:57 PM   #28
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
quote:

Hey, Habu...
How many gods do you have?
"I don't know, I lost count"

Wouldn't you rather have just one God who loves you a bunch than a bunch of gods that don't love you at all?

How do they know my gods and goddessess don't love me?

Poor children, I hope that they break free from this indocrination as they grow into adulthood.
[/QUOTE]
They won't, that's the sad part. Just like the children in Korea who are brought up to hate all americans, these kids will be completely indoctrinated in those beliefs. At least they aren't waving nuclear weapons around ....
Old 10-13-2003, 09:04 PM   #29
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
And don't forget to visit our store

I particularly like the Ruby Matrionial Thong and Camisole!
O_O........... This site, and the thong, creep me out...
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 10-13-2003, 09:08 PM   #30
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
I'm tempted to say the site is on the border of cultist, but I admittedly don't know enough about them to go that far. Suffice it to say that I am not in agreement with their views.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com