Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2003, 10:07 AM   #11
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Oh well, then any other Spanish team. Whoever it is, they'll outsmart them.
Dream on...

ManUtd will win! Let`s make a bet:
if i loose i send you Six pack of Hainiken
if I win,I come to Netherlands and you take me to Edgar Davids` Square...

Sounds like a fair bet to me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

So are we on?
Old 09-23-2003, 10:12 AM   #12
Link
Jack Burton

Xen make up your mind! In your first post it's Man United that'll win, then in the second post you say Real Madrid, and then you switch back to Man United [img]smile.gif[/img] Now what will it be

[irony]Ajax will definitely win the Champions League[/irony]
Old 09-23-2003, 10:15 AM   #13
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Xen make up your mind! In your first post it's Man United that'll win, then in the second post you say Real Madrid, and then you switch back to Man United [img]smile.gif[/img] Now what will it be

[irony]Ajax will definitely win the Champions League[/irony]
Aah you misunderstood me wrong. I was thinkhing something but typed in the other way...
Old 09-23-2003, 10:33 AM   #14
Link
Jack Burton

I misunderstood you, or I understood you wrongly [img]smile.gif[/img] Not both of them [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2003, 10:51 AM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Xen, you're welcome to come over, but i'll never take you to a place that has anything to do with davids. He S*U*C*K*S big time. Take him with you to Slovenia, and don't ever let him return to the Netherlands please.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:54 AM   #16
Link
Jack Burton

And while you're at it, you just teach Kluivert how to drive, and all of the Dutch players how to take penalties [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2003, 11:05 AM   #17
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
And don't organize orgies with hookers when there's reporters around.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:08 AM   #18
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
True true [img]smile.gif[/img] Maybe he could also teach all the wannabe football analysts to shut up?
Old 09-23-2003, 11:24 AM   #19
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
quote:
True true [img]smile.gif[/img] Maybe he could also teach all the wannabe football analysts to shut up? [/QUOTE]In Holland that would mean shutting up about 16 million people. Good luck.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:35 PM   #20
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Man United won't win it. And this comes from a Man United fan! Man United are good but not quite good enough to go all the way. I fancy Juventus this year. And Johnny I don't see how you can say those teams you mentioned are better or equal than Man United.

Barcelona - Finished 6th in Spain last year. So there not even in the Champions League. Man United also beat them comfortably in a pre season friendly.
Bayern Munich - The only team you mentioned that as a Utd fan actually worries me. Had a poor tournement last year but have many good players like Makaay, Ze Roberto, Ballack, Pizarro.
Deportivo - Good team but who knocked them out of the tournement 2 years ago, that's right Man United! Although admittedly Depor did beat Man United earlier in the tournament thanks largely to Fabian Barthez and a poor performence in Spain.
Galatasary - This must be some kind of sick joke. They finished 2nd in the Turkish League, your saying there better than the English Champions! Galastasary have been in the tournement for years and have reached the quarter finals only once. Man United have reached at least the quarter finals 7 years in a row!

You then go on to say that another Spanish team will "outsmart them". A bold statement. Do you even know what other Spanish teams are in the tournement?

Real Sociedad - Finished second in La Liga last year. Decent team but the previous two seasons in La Liga they finished 13th. It remains to be seen wether there second place finish was a flash in the pan. Also very inexperienced at this level(have never played in the champions league before).

Celta Vigo - Finished 4th in La Liga last year. Again very inexperienced at this level have never played in the champions league before. For goodness sake Celtic beat them in the Uefa Cup last year!

So I disagree with your opinions [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 09-24-2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Zarr ]