Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2003, 05:02 AM   #1
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Howdy.
I'm just enquiring as to the overall level difference between parties of various sizes. With the game's technique of adjusting experience points based on average party lvl, I'm wondering as to whether taking fewer party members is worth it. Will a six-person party be all that lower in lvl than a 3 or 4 person party by the end of the game? In Baldur's Gate the impact that reduced party size had on party level was quite great, but I'm wondering whether I should just flag my usual technique of having four party members and pick up an extra two (an extra fighter and spell caster would come in handy) if it won't affect my overall party level all that much in IWD2 due to the adjusted amount of experience points gained.

Any thoughts/advice? How many party members do you usually use in IWD2? Ordinarily I'd make up my own mind, but in this case I don't want to get halfway through the game with 4 characters, only to find I'd be just as well-leveled if I had taken 6.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 02-02-2003, 06:53 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I always use 6 party member. and I'll get around lv16 or lv17 at ending of normal game. but they all reach level 30 at end of HOF mode though, so no worry about that.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 07:42 AM   #3
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
I always use 6 party member. and I'll get around lv16 or lv17 at ending of normal game. but they all reach level 30 at end of HOF mode though, so no worry about that.
Thanks Kakero! Answered my questions beautifully [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2003, 08:14 AM   #4
dragonslayer
Manshoon

my solo fighter is lvl 24 in dragons eye now, but it's a modded game...using weimers mod for fairer xp, i think anyway.