Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2004, 06:55 AM   #21
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Ok tried the disable script debugging, that didn't work. But Mouse, your link seems to be very helpful, sounds just like the problem I'm having here. Il try out the steps listed and see what I can get done. Thanks very much.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:26 AM   #22
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

I have also noticed something else a few times about it, the conection only hangs up after a certain amount of bytes has been sent and received, so it stays on for longer, if, like just now, I am only on msn. This connection has lasted for over 20minutes and is still going, so that must surely have some significance.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:20 AM   #23
WillowIX
Apophis

Well if you can't get rid of it, you can always do a reinstall of windows.

Then I'd look into Norton ghost so you wouldn't have to reinstall ever again. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anywho, what OS are you using and what processes are running? Is the OS fully updated? What is your cpu load? Can you ping your ISP's routers when down? (do a tracert to a website of your choice, like tracert www.cnn.com)
Old 07-28-2004, 12:33 PM   #24
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

My last post-after posting that I decided to test out the reliablility of my connection when stressed, and it was, as it has been for this whole time, very bad. I got someone to send me a large file on msn, and, my connection dropped after a couple of minutes.

OS=WinXp
OS should be fully patched or else nearly fully patched. CPU load as in usage? It varies but gernerally 7-8% as I have 2gb RAM. Processes-there's quite a lot of them, I could host them on an image of them on my site, or I could send them to anybody interested on msn or AIM. But I will tell you that there are 52 (too many too list here). Is that about normal? I currently have media player, this page, and one conversation on msn open, and Norton running.And Getright active and my printer. Also, how can I ping anything if Im disconnected? I don't have a problem with no activity, I just have a problem with getting dropped.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:11 PM   #25
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Ok, did another Norton scan, and it didn't find the two items anymore that your link deals with Mouse. So is there any point in me following that advice?

Well, Im going to try something completely different now, try a different modem that definately works, although Im not convinced that this will work.

Il let you know.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:28 PM   #26
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Right, changed the modem, and guess what...It worked! Thanks to every one for all your suggestions and thanks to Lennon for actually suggesting trying another modem. I think what happened is the one in the computer got struck by lightning which caused the microelectronics to duff up in some way so that after a certain amount of bytes had passed through it would just hang up automatically. Job well done.